Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So after losing my gig as a cheesemonger, I realized real quick that it’s not necessarily a life skill that is in high demand around my neck of the woods, imagine that. At no point did I consider filling for unemployment, as I figured I’d get a job the next day. Welp, coulda shoulda woulda, here I am, 6 weeks later, still searching. Slim pickins around the lake area, so I knew I’d have to commute 40 or so miles to get what I need.

So a company I applied at last month called me, long story short, got offered the position! The kicker is, more than I was making before, better bennies, and better schedule.
4 days a week, no weekends, nights, or holidays. Think distribution, without the pressure of sales.

I am now in the onboarding process, pending background, CDL, drug screen, all that stuff. No worries there.

The best part is I’ll be working a 100 mile radius of Morgantown, you know I’ll be scouting for old dirt!
Fingers crossed this pans out, looking for a job sucks.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after losing my gig...company I applied at last month called me, long story short, got offered the position...
congrats.gif

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after losing my gig as a cheesemonger, I realized real quick that it’s not necessarily a life skill that is in high demand around my neck of the woods, imagine that. At no point did I consider filling for unemployment, as I figured I’d get a job the next day. Welp, coulda shoulda woulda, here I am, 6 weeks later, still searching. Slim pickins around the lake area, so I knew I’d have to commute 40 or so miles to get what I need.

So a company I applied at last month called me, long story short, got offered the position! The kicker is, more than I was making before, better bennies, and better schedule.
4 days a week, no weekends, nights, or holidays. Think distribution, without the pressure of sales.

I am now in the onboarding process, pending background, CDL, drug screen, all that stuff. No worries there.

The best part is I’ll be working a 100 mile radius of Morgantown, you know I’ll be scouting for old dirt!
Congratsulation Dave, that is great to hear. Job sounds interesting too. Been laid off 3 times and quit twice over 50 year being unemployed when you have responsibilities and people depending on you for food and a roof sucks.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a win-win and getting to scout for old dirt ... priceless.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Verily I think you should start a YouTube career

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Represent! Gotta set an example.

Marino13

Sep 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new job. But I love my cheese. Wisconsin white cheddar is awesome.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on scoring a new job Dave.
I hate that whole process. Glad to hear the search is over. Great schedule and benefits too. 👍
MM

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol Jeffy! “Smoked Gouda”
It always killed me when a customer looks at 11 varieties of goat cheese, and 40 choices of blues, hand-wash rind, cheddars, Brie’s, pecorino, gruyere, parmesans, manchego, etc etc….
Overwhelmed with choices, they see smoked Gouda at $10.99/lb , and ask for a quarter pound. :BangHead:

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, I won’t be dealing fentanyl….
But I’m gonna become an expert in wine, craft beers and liquor.
Any outfit with a liquor license is gonna be my customer. Excited.

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It always sucks losing a job, but you upgraded in every aspect. Big congratulations!

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good things come to those who wait they say. Congratz Dave :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions