What's new

" Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

peanut

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
418
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

I braved the heat yesterday and found this along with some camp lead and a dropped round ball in a Confederate camp. I thought bridle rosette when I first saw it. It was down about 6 inches on a hillside. According to postings on the what is it is a 1st Dragoons bit boss. A once in a life time find!!! :blob8:
Thanks for lookin, peanut
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0005n.webp
    DSC_0005n.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 3,794
  • DSC_0003n.webp
    DSC_0003n.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 3,668
  • DSC_0005n.webp
    DSC_0005n.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 3,608
  • DSC_0003n.webp
    DSC_0003n.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 3,617
  • 1stD.webp
    1stD.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 3,215
Upvote 0
Re: Hunted a Confederate camp and found this!

I would say Bridle rossette. I might be wrong. I have a pair of bits with the US rossette on them that look just like that. Congradulations on the find.
 
Re: Hunted a Confederate camp and found this!

a really unique rosette! great find! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Hunted a Confederate camp and found this!

First Dragoon regiment maybe? nice find.
 
Re: Hunted a Confederate camp and found this!

Thanks for the info! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Hunted a Confederate camp and found this!

Very nice and in great condition too! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Hunted a Confederate camp and found this!

Very Nice :icon_thumright:....
 
Re: Hunted a Confederate camp and found this!

Great Find!
 
Re: Hunted a Confederate camp and found this!

They are also called "Bit Bosses"... I have one that has "US" inside... I guess 1st Dragoons would be fitting for yours... I'd trade my "US" one for yours any day of the week!

Alan
 
Re: Hunted a Confederate camp and found this!

I love it!Confederate relics are something special to me.I can not wait for cool weather.Congrats!
 
Re: " Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

Thanks for all the comments! I talked to a Civil War dealer and he said it was worth between $400-$500 :headbang:
 
Re: " Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

peanut said:
Thanks for all the comments! I talked to a Civil War dealer and he said it was worth between $400-$500 :headbang:

I was in the 1st armored division 1st cavalry in germany!!!! look up the history it is one of the names of the unit i was in!!!
 
Re: " Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

First Dragoons!!! :o :o Great discovery and valuable 2 :icon_pirat: Congrats on a Banner find , vote in , Peanut :headbang: CMDawg :icon_pirat:
 
Re: " Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

peanut said:
Thanks for all the comments! I talked to a Civil War dealer and he said it was worth between $400-$500 :headbang:

Does that mean you won't accept my 5 spot for it? :laughing7:
 
Re: " Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

Nice Bit Boss! That looks like it predates the war probably by a few years as "Dragoons" was a designation used alot before, through the Mexican War, and into the 1850s. Sweet digs :thumbsup: :headbang: :icon_thumleft: :wink:
 
Re: " Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

creskol said:
peanut said:
Thanks for all the comments! I talked to a Civil War dealer and he said it was worth between $400-$500 :headbang:

Does that mean you won't accept my 5 spot for it? :laughing7:


Depends if your five spot has two zeros behind it! :laughing7:
 
Re: " Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

I will go banner for yea :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: " Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

gmanlight said:
I will go banner for yea :icon_thumleft:
Thank you! :hello2:
 
Re: " Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

Sweet!!!!!
 
Re: " Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

Banner nomination already sent. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom