What's new

" Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

peanut

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
418
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

I braved the heat yesterday and found this along with some camp lead and a dropped round ball in a Confederate camp. I thought bridle rosette when I first saw it. It was down about 6 inches on a hillside. According to postings on the what is it is a 1st Dragoons bit boss. A once in a life time find!!! :blob8:
Thanks for lookin, peanut
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0005n.webp
    DSC_0005n.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 3,794
  • DSC_0003n.webp
    DSC_0003n.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 3,668
  • DSC_0005n.webp
    DSC_0005n.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 3,608
  • DSC_0003n.webp
    DSC_0003n.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 3,617
  • 1stD.webp
    1stD.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 3,215
Upvote 0
Re: " Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

Great and Rare find !!
You know it's great when yours is nicer than the book picture describing the Piece !
Congrats on your Banner !!
 
Re: " Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

steelheadwill said:
Great and Rare find !!
You know it's great when yours is nicer than the book picture describing the Piece !
Congrats on your Banner !!

I agree. They need to use your's as what one in mighty fine condition looks like. What a great find.
Congratulations !
TnMtns
 
Re: " Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

Thanks for all the banner votes and comments I really appreciate it. :icon_salut:
HH peanut
 
Re: " Updated" Found rare 1st Dragoons bit boss!!!!

{Sentinel} said:
Nice Bit Boss! That looks like it predates the war probably by a few years as "Dragoons" was a designation used alot before, through the Mexican War, and into the 1850s. Sweet digs :thumbsup: :headbang: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Actually, there were 5 row boats rowed across the Long Island Sound, from Conn. to L.I., filled with Patriots that went by the name of Dragoons and led by Col. Talmadge during the Rev. War. They marched across L.I. and REtook the St. Georges Manor BACK from the British without having to fire a shot! Then hiked BACK across the island and Rowed back to Conn.!!! I can't cut my LAWN w/out getting tired!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom