What's new

UPDATED/SOLVED Civil War rosette??

peanut

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
418
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I braved the heat yesterday and found this along with some camp lead and a dropped round ball in a Confederate camp. I thought bridle rosette when I first saw it. It was down about 6 inches on a hillside. According to postings on the what is it is a 1st Dragoons bit boss. A once in a life time find!!! blob8
Thanks for lookin, peanut
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0005n.webp
    DSC_0005n.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 552
  • DSC_0003n.webp
    DSC_0003n.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 534
Re: Civil War rosette??

Looks like a Bit Boss, not sure as to C.W. or not. I'm sure someone can answer you.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Civil War rosette??

That is an early Civil War era bit boss, and is quite rare. It is 1st Dragoons insignia. Congrats on a great find!

Certainly worthy of a banner nomination!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Civil War rosette??

I agree. Great find...d2
 
Upvote 0
Re: Civil War rosette??

creskol said:
That is an early Civil War era bit boss, and is quite rare. It is 1st Dragoons insignia. Congrats on a great find!

Certainly worthy of a banner nomination!
Thanks for the info. What is the value of it? I cant find any info on it.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Civil War rosette??

peanut said:
creskol said:
That is an early Civil War era bit boss, and is quite rare. It is 1st Dragoons insignia. Congrats on a great find!

Certainly worthy of a banner nomination!
Thanks for the info. What is the value of it? I cant find any info on it.


ahhh .. It's not worth but a dollar or two, but I will give you a five spot for it! ;D .. no .. seriously .. That is worth quite a few bucks, especially in that nice condition. I would be sure to have it appraised.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Civil War rosette??

Here is a photo of one taken from Crouch's book on Horse Equipment.

No values given, just a brief description supporting what I wrote above.
 

Attachments

  • 1stD.webp
    1stD.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 465
Upvote 0
Re: Civil War rosette??

You have my banner vote! That is a thing of beauty!
Go back to your original post and give us a storyline. I wanna hear EVERYTHING! :D
 
Upvote 0
Re: Civil War rosette??

Nothing wrong with surprises like that. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Civil War rosette??

Vote in!!That is awesome!!!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Civil War rosette??

Bedfordbob said:
Looks like a Bit Boss, not sure as to C.W. or not. I'm sure someone can answer you.
creskol said:
Here is a photo of one taken from Crouch's book on Horse Equipment.

No values given, just a brief description supporting what I wrote above.
Great ID btw creskol.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Civil War rosette??

Absolutely my banner vote! Super find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Civil War rosette??

Thanks for the banner votes! I am still on cloud nine.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Civil War rosette??

Peanut, you need to modify your original post and put more of a story in about your hunt when you found it to be considered for the banner. I am nominating this find. It is a rare relic, and worthy to be up top!

GREAT recovery!


Best Wishes,


Buck
 
Upvote 0
Re: Civil War rosette??

BuckleBoy said:
Peanut, you need to modify your original post and put more of a story in about your hunt when you found it to be considered for the banner. I am nominating this find. It is a rare relic, and worthy to be up top!

GREAT recovery!


Best Wishes,


Buck
Thanks, Buck
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on the banner! :hello2:

Fantastic condition! Rare and important find. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
Congrats on the banner! :hello2:

Fantastic condition! Rare and important find. :icon_thumright:
Thank you sir! :icon_salut:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom