What's new

Upper Texas coast find

firemac

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2012
Messages
1,761
Reaction score
415
Golden Thread
0
Location
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the kids while beach combing found this one, any ideas on type and era and age? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Congrats on your arrow head find - (in what area was this found?) I don't know much about these things other than I would not want to be shot with one - anyway thanks for posting your picture and story.

Texas ED
 
I don't know what kind it is but it is a nice one! Thanks for sharing.
 
Very nice looking point. Doesnt seem to be any damage.
 
So you found that near the Baytown area? That's awesome!! :thumbsup:
 
Well we dont get many Texas points so hopefully somebody from your area will chime in. Very nice though
 
That is a great find and there has to be more to be found in the area. Based on where you found it, I would call it a NolanNolan%2071mm.webp It's age is mid-archaic about 6,000 to 4,000 BP. There is another Tx. point that it also looks like but it is found farther south from the lower Pecos to mid southern Tx. it's called a ZorraZorraTAa.webp which is early archaic 7,000 to 5,500 BP. Just because you found it in your area doesn't make it a certain type, NA traveled all over the coast line and rivers. You make your on call on the type.:thumbsup: But if I was to call it I would say yours look's more like a Zorra.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom