What's new

"US" bridle piece and Indiana Stove works information needed, please!

Charmin

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
2,284
Reaction score
282
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"US" bridle piece and Indiana Stove works information needed, please!

These pieces were found at another old foundation site here in Oklahoma. The first piece says "Indiana Stove Works" and I think is the burner cover(?) for a cooking stove, but I can't find much information on it. Can anyone tell me when the stove was manufactured?
The second piece is brass with three little prongs on the back and says "US" on the front. It measures about 1 1/4" across. Was this a military bridle piece and how old is it?
Thanks for any help or information! regards, sandcreek4
 

Attachments

  • P1060538.webp
    P1060538.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 397
  • P1060553.webp
    P1060553.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 387
  • P1060552.webp
    P1060552.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 395
  • P1060440.webp
    P1060440.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 381
Re: "US" bridle piece and Indiana Stove works information needed, please!

I can't help,But I like it
congrats

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
Re: "US" bridle piece and Indiana Stove works information needed, please!

Cool finds :thumbsup:
We've had 2 if not three of those US caps on TNet very recently.
Or is this one of the same?

Otherwise, I shall search and advise :icon_study: :tongue3:
Mike

Edit: I have and I can't. Good Night ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: "US" bridle piece and Indiana Stove works information needed, please!

the only thing I could find was they were made in Evansville, In and was called the "Darling" line
try the local library in evansville or historical society
 
Upvote 0
Re: "US" bridle piece and Indiana Stove works information needed, please!

I believe the "US" rosette is the type used on late 1800's - early 1900's cavalry blinders.

Blinder.webp Blinders.webp​


I found references to the Indiana Stove Works of Evansville, Indiana as early as 1889 and as late as 1931. Here's a postcard view of the factory:

Blinder.webp
 

Attachments

  • Blinders.webp
    Blinders.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,106
  • instov01.gif
    instov01.gif
    44 KB · Views: 977
Upvote 0
Re: "US" bridle piece and Indiana Stove works information needed, please!

fortbball9 said:
I can't help,But I like it
congrats

fortbball9
Thanks, fortbball9~~~~~regards, sandcreek4
bigcypresshunter said:
Thanks bigcypresshunter! It looks exactly like that one :thumbsup:. kind regards, sandcreek4
trikikiwi said:
Cool finds :thumbsup:
We've had 2 if not three of those US caps on TNet very recently.
Or is this one of the same?

Otherwise, I shall search and advise :icon_study: :tongue3:
Mike

Edit: I have and I can't. Good Night ;D
No, its not the same as the other ones on here---I just found it a couple of days ago. Thanks, Mike! regards, sandcreek4
Sniffer said:
the only thing I could find was they were made in Evansville, In and was called the "Darling" line
try the local library in evansville or historical society
Thanks for that information, Sniffer--that helps! regards, sandcreek4
PBK said:
I believe the "US" rosette is the type used on late 1800's - early 1900's cavalry blinders.



​


I found references to the Indiana Stove Works of Evansville, Indiana as early as 1889 and as late as 1931. Here's a postcard view of the factory:
GREAT!!! THANKS for that information, PBK! kind regards, sandcreek4
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom