What's new

US Rosette! But what era??

asmerri

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2013
Messages
322
Reaction score
273
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, E-Trac
Chose to swing the coil instead of eating lunch today. I'm glad I did! Found this around 10" down beneath what was an old gravel driveway. It certainly appears to be a military bridal rosette but does anyone know what era? Thanks in advance!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464981833.326272.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464981853.284992.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464981872.185112.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464981886.418305.webp
 
Upvote 18
Horse&buggy era ? LOL. It would seem to be military.
 
1850-1890's is my geuss
 
1800's would be awesome! I was thinking WW1 era but if the US vs. Great Seal design usage on rosettes follows the same timeline as buttons, it has to be pre WW1.
 
nice find! cant help with id.
 
Its a great military relic, no matter what era it ends up being from. All I can tell you is I found one that is from WW1 and it looks different than yours. I dont know if yours would be earlier or later.
 
A great guy to ask would be Cannonballguy or Buckleboy. Both of these gentlemen are full of knowledge, or something else;) just joking

Try sending them a PM.
 
I'm not around my relic books right now but I think this is Spanish American War era.

congrats,

Buck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom