What's new

US Silver Half Dollars

Recovering Relics

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
204
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
New England
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garret Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone. This is my second coin video. I got part of a massive coin collection, and this video shows you all the great coins I recieved. I recieved a 1923 S Peace Dollar, and 17 Silver (including 40%ers) half dollars, and much more. Watch to see what else I found! Enjoy! HH!

 
Upvote 0
hmmm the worst part of this hobby for me is the competition. The more people who learn about it the less likely we[me] are to find it. Yes i am a greedy scrooge. To get a better understanding i will tell a short story. Years ago [before the internet] on my job the men retired with 100% pay , but because they bragged about it they lost that ability.
 
quiksilver said:
hmmm the worst part of this hobby for me is the competition. The more people who learn about it the less likely we[me] are to find it. Yes i am a greedy scrooge. To get a better understanding i will tell a short story. Years ago [before the internet] on my job the men retired with 100% pay , but because they bragged about it they lost that ability.

I understand what you are saying, but I got these coins from my cousin's grandmother. I didn't get them at a bank, and I didn't get them in coin rolls. I had the same problem with the last video I made, a ton of people got mad at me even though it was a video of some coins I found in my change.
 
Don't listen to anyone who gets mad over a little video. Anyone who does get disgruntled over someone else showing off a small find via video takes this hobby a little too seriously. If you coin roll hunt to survive and put food on your table, then you probably have bigger things to worry about than someone posting a video of their coin finds online. If you do this as a hobby for enjoyment, then you have no right to get angry over someone showing off their own finds. What good is a hobby if you can't enjoy it and share it with others? Besides, word of mouth is a much bigger culprit when it comes to spreading info about coin roll hunting. These videos rarely get seen on sites other than ones like this one.

Great find, and congrats on getting a few nice coins.
 
Recovering Relics said:
quiksilver said:
hmmm the worst part of this hobby for me is the competition. The more people who learn about it the less likely we[me] are to find it. Yes i am a greedy scrooge. To get a better understanding i will tell a short story. Years ago [before the internet] on my job the men retired with 100% pay , but because they bragged about it they lost that ability.

I understand what you are saying, but I got these coins from my cousin's grandmother. I didn't get them at a bank, and I didn't get them in coin rolls. I had the same problem with the last video I made, a ton of people got mad at me even though it was a video of some coins I found in my change.

I have no problem with talking about ones you got from family. Everyone has hand-me-down collectibles. Perfect legit in my mind. Just don't do CRH videos on Youtube. It's a hidden secret. It's fine to talk about it here because not everyone knows about TNET but they do know about Youtube. Anything that gets mainstream talk is bad for the hobby. I watched "Storage Wars" on A&E. I didn't know how profitable some of the treasures in storages can be. I'm actually considering it now. Great show but like I said once it goes mainstream, everyone and their brother wants to do it too. If CRH gets out in the mainstream, we who know about it and have been doing it for years loose out.
 
AthensHunter2 said:
Don't listen to anyone who gets mad over a little video. Anyone who does get disgruntled over someone else showing off a small find via video takes this hobby a little too seriously. If you coin roll hunt to survive and put food on your table, then you probably have bigger things to worry about than someone posting a video of their coin finds online. If you do this as a hobby for enjoyment, then you have no right to get angry over someone showing off their own finds. What good is a hobby if you can't enjoy it and share it with others? Besides, word of mouth is a much bigger culprit when it comes to spreading info about coin roll hunting. These videos rarely get seen on sites other than ones like this one.

Great find, and congrats on getting a few nice coins.

Thanks. I agree with you that a hobby is no good if you can't enjoy and share it with others. Thank you for watching my video also.
 
SFBayArea said:
Recovering Relics said:
quiksilver said:
hmmm the worst part of this hobby for me is the competition. The more people who learn about it the less likely we[me] are to find it. Yes i am a greedy scrooge. To get a better understanding i will tell a short story. Years ago [before the internet] on my job the men retired with 100% pay , but because they bragged about it they lost that ability.

I understand what you are saying, but I got these coins from my cousin's grandmother. I didn't get them at a bank, and I didn't get them in coin rolls. I had the same problem with the last video I made, a ton of people got mad at me even though it was a video of some coins I found in my change.

I agree. I wasn't going to make any coin roll hunting videos anyways. I'm just planning on making videos of my collections. I'll keep the actual CRHing part to be mentioned on the forums only!

I have no problem with talking about ones you got from family. Everyone has hand-me-down collectibles. Perfect legit in my mind. Just don't do CRH videos on Youtube. It's a hidden secret. It's fine to talk about it here because not everyone knows about TNET but they do know about Youtube. Anything that gets mainstream talk is bad for the hobby. I watched "Storage Wars" on A&E. I didn't know how profitable some of the treasures in storages can be. I'm actually considering it now. Great show but like I said once it goes mainstream, everyone and their brother wants to do it too. If CRH gets out in the mainstream, we who know about it and have been doing it for years loose out.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom