V3i question

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
My favorite is the 4x6 shooter.
Was posted under wrong post by accident. Sorry.

Last edited:

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To return to original selections, manually
return to underlined or check marked levels, or Restore.

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
THE V3i MASTER RESET PROCESS

WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: The following Master Reset process is for the V3i and VX3. NOT an original “V” machine.
USING THIS PROCESS WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF ALL CUSTOM PROGRAMS AND SETTINGS !! READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ENTIRE PROCESS BELOW BEFORE PROCEEDING. WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING:

If your V3i is noisy, chatty, or just generally “not working right”, the Master Reset process will generally take care of any instability issues. Before executing a Master Reset, determine if the issue is with just one program or all programs. If the issue is with just one program, it is suggested that the RESTORE process be executed for that program. This will restore that single program to factory settings, preserving the remainder of your custom setups. The RESTORE process is described in detail on page 46 of your Spectra V3i Owner’s Guide and on page 7-2 of your Spectra VX3 Owner’s Guide.
The following steps will execute the Master Reset process: (Note differences below for VX3)
1. Turn the unit ON
2. Press and HOLD the MENU button, then Press and HOLD the ON/OFF button
3. You should see the “UTILITY MENU” screen appear
4. Select MASTER RESET and press ENTER. DO NOT SELECT “CALIBRATION”. Selecting
“Calibration” will require you to return your unit to the factory for recalibration !!
5. You should see the “MASTER RESET – DANGEROUS” screen appear
6. Select the TOP FOUR items; (All Programs, Common, Library, All Other) using Arrow / Enter keys
7. Press the MENU button which will highlight the word “RESET” – lower left of screen
8. Press the ENTER button. Wait about 5 seconds
9. You should see the UTILITY MENU screen (Master Reset, Calibration) appear
10. Turn the unit OFF
11. Turn the unit ON.
12. Observe that all settings have been restored to FACTORY PRESETS
At this point your V3i / VX3 has been reset to FACTORY SETTINGS. All custom programs and settings are gone and must be re-entered manually.
The MASTER RESET PROCESS for the VX3 is identical to the above with the following exceptions:
Step 6. You will see “All Programs, Common, All Other”. There is no LIBRARY option for VX3.
Step 7. You will see a warning: “Reset Detector To Factory Settings. (Think twice before doing this.)”
All warnings / cautions for V3i are applicable to VX3. Proceed with caution.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010

WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: The following Master Reset process is for the V3i and VX3. NOT an original “V” machine.
USING THIS PROCESS WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF ALL CUSTOM PROGRAMS AND SETTINGS !! READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ENTIRE PROCESS BELOW BEFORE PROCEEDING. WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING:

If your V3i is noisy, chatty, or just generally “not working right”, the Master Reset process will generally take care of any instability issues. Before executing a Master Reset, determine if the issue is with just one program or all programs. If the issue is with just one program, it is suggested that the RESTORE process be executed for that program. This will restore that single program to factory settings, preserving the remainder of your custom setups. The RESTORE process is described in detail on page 46 of your Spectra V3i Owner’s Guide and on page 7-2 of your Spectra VX3 Owner’s Guide.
The following steps will execute the Master Reset process: (Note differences below for VX3)
1. Turn the unit ON
“Calibration” will require you to return your unit to the factory for recalibration !!
6. Select the TOP FOUR items; (All Programs, Common, Library, All Other) using Arrow / Enter keys
7. Press the MENU button which will highlight the word “RESET” – lower left of screen
10. Turn the unit OFF
11. Turn the unit ON.
At this point your V3i / VX3 has been reset to FACTORY SETTINGS. All custom programs and settings are gone and must be re-entered manually.
The MASTER RESET PROCESS for the VX3 is identical to the above with the following exceptions:
Step 6. You will see “All Programs, Common, All Other”. There is no LIBRARY option for VX3.
Step 7. You will see a warning: “Reset Detector To Factory Settings. (Think twice before doing this.)”

To emphasize,

DO NOT SELECT “CALIBRATION

Do not select "PASSWORD"

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

1. Turn the unit ON
10. Turn the unit OFF
11. Turn the unit ON.
yes that's the fix all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions