47thelement
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jan 8, 2009
- Messages
- 1,741
- Reaction score
- 161
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Went to a nice East Coast vacation town for almost two weeks. I planned on hitting every bank on the way and every bank while there and do a little metel detecting on the shore as well. Hey why not there are, according to local historians over 2000 ship wreck off the coast near where I was.
Here's how it went...
On the trip down I got a total of 50 assorted 40% kennedys...not a good percentage considering I went through over $2K. At least in my book
Then I got to the beach was hitting assorted banks not going very well even had one bank that had promised me $2k in boxes fail on me. Then I walked out of 1 and found a ladies purse! I searched the contents quickly looking for ID or phone. I located the phone and called the ICE #'s and was able to return it. She wanted to give me the cash that was in the purse which I knew was over $200 but I had check her ID and saw she was an EMT and on vacation so I turned it down.
I then returned to CRH and hit a BofA and they had $50 in hand rolls. The tellers says she knows there is alot of silver in there. She was right 60 of the 100 coins were silver including a George Washington 250 Anniversary Birth Comm. (my 2nd). Can somebody say KARMA!
Then I turned to MDing and found my wife a Tiffany and Co. Silver charm. and about $10 in clad towards Pierces College fund
Didn't find any old at "Coin Beach" but a good time!
Oh yeah and the47thelement bought me a new larger coil for the metal detector!
Here's how it went...
On the trip down I got a total of 50 assorted 40% kennedys...not a good percentage considering I went through over $2K. At least in my book
Then I got to the beach was hitting assorted banks not going very well even had one bank that had promised me $2k in boxes fail on me. Then I walked out of 1 and found a ladies purse! I searched the contents quickly looking for ID or phone. I located the phone and called the ICE #'s and was able to return it. She wanted to give me the cash that was in the purse which I knew was over $200 but I had check her ID and saw she was an EMT and on vacation so I turned it down.
I then returned to CRH and hit a BofA and they had $50 in hand rolls. The tellers says she knows there is alot of silver in there. She was right 60 of the 100 coins were silver including a George Washington 250 Anniversary Birth Comm. (my 2nd). Can somebody say KARMA!
Then I turned to MDing and found my wife a Tiffany and Co. Silver charm. and about $10 in clad towards Pierces College fund
Didn't find any old at "Coin Beach" but a good time!
Oh yeah and the47thelement bought me a new larger coil for the metal detector!
Upvote
0







