Mat,
Perhaps I am the one who is confused..... Last year and the year before, I hunted on the beach at Hunting Island, State Park, and Edisto Beach State Park, both South of Charleston. Neither park allows you to hunt in the park itself, but I was told you are allowed to hunt on the beach. I have camped at Huntington Beach SP south of Myrtle Beach several years ago, but did not hunt at that time. However, I did not see any sign saying you could not MD on the beach. However, I assume you are not allowed to hunt in the park itself or in the dunes, which are protected nesting areas or erosion control areas on most beaches. If I were you, I would bring my detector and get clarification when you get there if you feel you need to. If for some reason, they have changed the rules at Huntington Beach SP or even all state parks in SC, you are still allowed to hunt on all public beaches that I know of in SC, including Myrtle Beach. Hope this helps. HH Ralph