What's new

value of this painting??

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
i bought it at Salvation Army for 15 bucks. On the back it has some papers that say " To Maryann Osmond, 7-23-83, Wong 12x16 w/f, Fair market value of 115.00". The artist is C.Wong. The company that sold it was Artistic Interiors, Inc. Any value to the painting?
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    204.6 KB · Views: 1,368
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    40 KB · Views: 1,168
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 2,839
Information on this site may help you:
http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=002IHh
Especially, this entry:
"I was searching for an artist who sighns C Wong. I wonder if they could be the same. I have apainting; not of junks but red crowned cranes, foliage and a pagoda.

-- David A. Hughes (amadon2000@yahoo.com), March 21, 2003."
Don.......
 
This may sound strange, but having some painting that I've picked up over the years, I first go to ebay and do a search. Ebay gives me an idea if there is a market or demand for the painter's works and or paintings. Other than that, make a few phone calls to area art dealers or galleries.

SJA :-)
 
i kinda hope it isnt valuble because they had one very similar from the same artist, same frame, same person, same company, but the price on the other one was $75. Dont know why this one was $15? Im asumeing it is worth no more that maybe $100 8).
 
Most Salvation Army thrift stores workers have no idea of the value of donated items.

For instance, I bought 2 large "Zip-Loc" bags full of costume jewelry at a S.A. thrift store as I needed some clasps for necklaces I was making. I only paid $1.50ea for two bags. When I got them home and emptied them out on the table, I found a smaller "Zip-Loc" with over 2 oz of Stirling Silver beads. :laughing7:

Eagle
 
That's a very interesting work of art colorado14ers :o My suggestion to you would be to contact Sotheby's in London and send them a photo of it. They'll be able to tell you in 2 seconds whether it's of any value or not. The largest market for these types of art work is in Asia.

I recommend you send this information to:

Florence Chan
Senior Manager
Chinese Ceramics & Works of Art
Email: florence.chan@sothebys.com

Good luck,
Dave
 

Attachments

  • artwork.webp
    artwork.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,028

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom