Vaquero hunt

mag

Jun 8, 2007
Hunted an old home site. Many pieces of iron. Nails were everywhere. Hunted yesterday with the stock coil. Didn't find but large target, junk, but noticed several places where there were a lot of metal targets in a very small area. Went back today with the 5.75" coil. Found several items ? and two wheat pennies, 1952 d and 1917. Surprising though the pennies were less than 2" deep. No idea what the two things are on the left.

Attachments

• Herman Hale.JPG
    Herman Hale.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 313

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most sites have shallow coins and some are deep. Everyone thinks they have to have a detector that reaches to China and they they gripe about having buy a backhoe. Give me a decent discrimination circuit or ID circuit every time.

Nice finds. You may locate more old coins between the junk.

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello mag, I checked your history and found out you never got an answer- the top left is a utiliy co. 'seal' for an electric meter, the lower left looks like the 'key/tool' the utility co. uses to turn the water or gas supply on at the meter. yelnif...

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say just dig the trash. Get that outta the way and the goods will come

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello mag, I checked your history and found out you never got an answer- the top left is a utiliy co. 'seal' for an electric meter, the lower left looks like the 'key/tool' the utility co. uses to turn the water or gas supply on at the meter. yelnif...

Nice ID's!!

D

DeepThought

speaking of which, how is that Outlaw coming along? And how do you rate it against all that high-power equipment you own?

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Nice job mag,The small coil is great.Not only for the trash aspect,but also keeping it close to the ground is much easier.Getting under the brush.Hope to hunt with the Outlaw tomorrow with the 5.75 concentric at a colonial area.Will post results.WTG mag!! :-D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread