How well does that same test work with a nickel? I have two Tejons, one bought new (black one), and neither is capable of fully disc'ing out steel bottlecaps before also disc'ing out nickels. That's with a 5.75 concentric, BTW.
Tejon will have nickels gone yet some bottle caps sounding scratchy, but still like viable targets.
I think Tejon's disc range is better suited to sorting iron size and actually digging iron, rather than ignoring it.
I don't have too many nails where I hunt, but bottlecaps are one of my trash problems (and melted aluminum, bullet shells and lead..and pulltabs..).
With the Bandido (or Outlaw), bottlecaps are pretty much gone or just click, but nickels will still hit well. I know that neither Bandido nor Outlaw can get the depth of Vaquero or Tejon, but I think their disc circuit is better suited to coin hunting. I want those nickels..haven't dug up a "buff" yet. Maybe the answer is to use the deeper detector and dig it all..