Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was working on a write up and wanted a picture of my triangular arrowheads to contrast to the stemmed forms thought I’d share some of my best triangles notched and un notched to stretch the definition of triangle
IMG_9358.jpeg

Upvote 13
OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hadn’t really thought about it until I was writing about the difference between arrowheads, but these little triangles and notched points seem to be forms made specifically for arrows… in my experience early true arrowheads tend to resemble the larger knife and dart forms they are associated with… is there an argument to say that these triangles are a next step in bow technology? moving from miniature versions of existing tools to a specialized point for arrows?

OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice frame. the triangles un-notched are by far the most common find here probably have about 30 full or partials. Any other type, from any time period, I have found one or two.

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
i hadn’t really thought about it until I was writing about the difference between arrowheads, but these little triangles and notched points seem to be forms made specifically for arrows… in my experience early true arrowheads tend to resemble the larger knife and dart forms they are associated with… is there an argument to say that these triangles are a next step in bow technology? moving from miniature versions of existing tools to a specialized point for arrows?
I have some that are 1/2 inches long and have seen them smaller from this area. I believe they had blow darts as well as bow and arrow. Just a thought for you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread