What's new

Vault teller comes through big time!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's not what you might think. But for many of you and me this is even more exciting than CRH. My vault teller just told me I can come search her property with my ACE 250. no big deal you say...
Well she lives in.....
wait for it.....
it's coming...
hold on.....
almost there....

GETTYSBURG!!!!!

The house next door was a hospital during the battle! and is only about 50 yards away from hers. Says she has about 5 acres! Where do I begin!?
 
Wow, congrats Pierce! When is this detecting all going down?
 
I would say somewhere near the house is a good start! Congrats on the score. I'm sure you will find some very interesting things out there. Lots of history!! Good luck out there!!
 
Sounds like an awesome place to hunt! Post some finds from there when you get them! Anxious to see what pops! :o
 
You begin by inviting all us that live close...... ;D

Seriously...yes...by the house...the obvious old structures.

Al
 
Piercesdad said:
Well it's not what you might think. But for many of you and me this is even more exciting than CRH. My vault teller just told me I can come search her property with my ACE 250. no big deal you say...
Well she lives in.....
wait for it.....
it's coming...
hold on.....
almost there....

GETTYSBURG!!!!!

The house next door was a hospital during the battle! and is only about 50 yards away from hers. Says she has about 5 acres! Where do I begin!?

If I had the chance to hunt a historically significant area such as this, I might just begin with a gift certificate for two, to a nice restaurant inside a thank you card and deliver it at the beginning of my first hunt. Nice job, hope you do well. :wink: :thumbsup:
 
That's a very excellent suggestion Blacksheep!! Not only is it a thankful gesture but it's also smart. It takes a lot of the tendency away for the permission giver to have second thoughts when she sees the goodies being discovered. She's already been rewarded for her permission.  :icon_salut:

scrubber
 
grease her up nicely indeed *** some things are priceless ** like getting the ok to hunt there -- with wounded folks being tended at the hospital --the torn up and discarded uniform trash / burn pits would be nearby --- complete all the with buttons, belt buckles and other military brick a brack items off the uniforms that were burnt / buried there -- its very possible one of those "pits" might be on her land .
 
I'm having a vision...Yes...I see some special finds being posted very soon. Good Luck and take your time. Also, I think the idea about the gift certificate is excellent.
 
I'm thinking the first thing, after taking care of her, is to take lots of pictures and measurements then do research. I work for the schools so I have all summer do do this.

Should I invest in a better detector? get a pinpointer?
BTW I've only detected beaches and tot lots. I'm really scared I might mess this up!
 
Where do you begin? Simple, call us to come over...ha ha Good luck and let us know what you find. HH John
 
Yes take pics and pics of the area and your finds.....Matt
 
pinpointer pinpointer dont leave home without it!!!!!!!good luck :coffee2:
 
6 words --get a pinpointer --- dig every target
 
Keep in mind that you may have to turn every item discovered back to the property owner.
 
Yes make sure she gets a nice thank you gift.
and yes take a better machine and pinpointer
Etrac and garret pinpointer='s deadly combo for killer finds!!!!
gl hh
dan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom