What's new

VB to unleash metal detecting debacle

VBDave

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Tesoro Vaquero
Having recently retired from the city PD, I still have frequent contact with my successor in my old position as the department's coordinator for all of the special events that occur on the Oceanfront. Knowing that I'm a MDer, he called today to let me know about a new event that's occurring this weekend at 31st street on the beach. Seems that a two story high pile of sand will be used as a "treasure mountain" for kids to climb and search for the TEN THOUSAND QUARTER SIZED ALUMINUM TOKENS that will be scattered on the mound. These tokens will can be redeemed for small gifts at several oceanfront stores. Of course, immediately following the event, the mound will be bulldozed flat again, along with most of the unfound TEN THOUSAND QUARTER SIZED ALUMINUM TOKENS. I'm just speechless. :help:
 
Upvote 0
Lucky you!!! Sounds like it is going to be a nightmare there for a while. Ouch :sad5:
 
time to move... :dontknow:
 
And it's not even April Fools day. What are they thinking of next? :icon_scratch:
 
Oh, that's just GREAT!!! :BangHead:
 
Just think of all the gifts you will be able to redeem. ::) ::)
 
thats like someone at clearwater beach throwing bb's all over. not fun!
 
Dig 'em
& Ebay 'em

$1.00 Each

Plus Shipping
 
Guess you will have to ignore all high screaming signals for a while... I can nearly always tell solid aluminum as well as thin aluminum slaw...
I'm even getting pretty good at calling pull tabs.. Before they "repaired" my Excal, tabs sounded as good as a gold ring... Now, there is a BIG difference... Havent been surprised by one yet... I guess that is a good thing as long as it stays that way, if it does, I wont have to dig anymore stinking pull tabs.. All the rings of late have a medium low tone, with a nice "ping" to them... Pull tabs also have a medium low tone, but are really loud (even when deep), and dont seem to have that definitive "ping" to them that the rings have had...
 
Back when families got together for reunions at a park all the uncles would bring all their wood sawdust and dump it in a pile with lots of loose change for us kids to find. Finding an old sawdust pile of pile of wood chips in the old park still brings up old coins. When you think you have them all you visit it again days later and it was like someone seeded it for you again.

After the event at the beach the tokens probably won't be redeemable and it will be just more junk.
 
Maybe I can help thin out the left overs...good training for a newbie?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom