Very Nice 1723 Hibernia from the Field of Dreams

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this nice 1723 Hibernia last Saturday in the Field of Dreams. I could see good detail through the accumulated crud on the coin, so I gave it several hot peroxide baths to clear some off. Took a lot of tooth picking, but the detail is starting to show up nicely! Hopefully I can get out a few more times before the ground freezes too deep.
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

Upvote 10
Congrats on the coin and still being able to MD the field! HH!

Nice Hibernia!

Hopefully a little rain storm here and there keeps us hunting in the east. :)

Man that does have great detail, congrats. To find a copper that is that old and still has that much detail is rare indeed, at least up here in the North East it is.
ZDD

Nice find, good work.

Now why can't they all look that good?? I second the congrats on still being able to hunt. I intend on seeing if I can dig today. Keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to you on the next one.

Very nice Hibernia especially coming from a field

Rare to find those 1700s coppers with decent detail. Well worth the work when they come out like that. Good job on that baby

Very Nice Coins there friend congrats :thumbsup:

it sure was cold that day - I was surprised you were still there when I left...8 hours - amazing...you must have good knees...might be down there on Sunday......might be too much frost...

Great looking coin Jason. She really cleaned up nice.

She's a nice one!!! Love the green..

Nice to see a copper from the early 1700s with so much detail left. When you mentioned all the toothpick work you did on this coin, it reminded me of how much I enjoy that part (coin cleaning) of our hobby. Good luck getting back to the field before the winter freeze sets in!

That's coming out real nice. You'll be out tomorrow or ill be out by myself.

That's in better shape than the one I found. I was out there in the afternoon but didn't see you. Nice find mister!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back