What's new

Very old painting

jimb

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
982
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this painting at a thrift shop. It is quite old. The canvis is brown from age, and the paint is cracked. I can not make out the name. Can anyone help out there? It seems to be Carroll Haddian or Hattiam.
 

Attachments

  • very old PAINTING.webp
    very old PAINTING.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 844
  • Name on Painting.webp
    Name on Painting.webp
    59.8 KB · Views: 824
i can not make the name out either, but awesome find nonetheless! keep it up and hh!
 
Here is a better shot of the name, which might be HATTCH. I can't quite make out the 5th letter which might be a C.
 

Attachments

  • HATTCH.webp
    HATTCH.webp
    68.5 KB · Views: 567
another look...
 

Attachments

  • madhatter.webp
    madhatter.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 521
Very nice!! How much did you pay? What are the dimensions? Is it on canvas or board? And could you post a picture of the complete back side?
 
Here is a close shot of the canvis which actualy looks dark brown. I paid $5.00 for the painting. It is about two feet X twenty inches. I am also posting a brighter daylight picture of the painting.
 

Attachments

  • Back side brown canvis.webp
    Back side brown canvis.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 463
  • Better shot.webp
    Better shot.webp
    49 KB · Views: 459
Carroll is an old name. Maryland has a Carroll County named after Charles Carroll, who signed the Declaration of Independence. Most seem to agree that the last name begins with Ha. I think the last name is Haddem or Hattem.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom