What's new

Very Strange Wheat Error?

alexfm123

Full Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
121
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Far West Texas
Hi everyone,

this is my first post, and I figured that since I found the coin in a bag full, that I'd post here.

Recently, I bought a bag fully of pennies from a friend of mine, and was more than suprised too see they were all wheaties.

My question is, have any of you ever seen anything like this? I've looked everywhere and cant seem to find any thing like it.
 

Attachments

  • wheat penny error rev 2.webp
    wheat penny error rev 2.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 501
  • whaet penny error obv 2.webp
    whaet penny error obv 2.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 495
Upvote 0
First of all, welcome to T-Net! The front looks like someone carved part of it out. The back side looks like a grease coated die error. It's when a die strikes a coin when there's grease on it. I can't make heads or tails on how your penny got to look like that! (Pun intended)
 
Coins4Cheese said:
The back side looks like a grease coated die error. It's when a die strikes a coin when there's grease on it. I can't make heads or tails on how your penny got to look like that! (Pun intended)

I was thinking that it was a greased die for the back,still completely baffled by the front. :D Im thinking about taking it to a coin store in town that I used to go to pretty frequently. Thanks for your input, i appreciate it.

Alex.
 
alexfm123 said:
Coins4Cheese said:
The back side looks like a grease coated die error. It's when a die strikes a coin when there's grease on it. I can't make heads or tails on how your penny got to look like that! (Pun intended)

I was thinking that it was a greased die for the back,still completely baffled by the front. :D Im thinking about taking it to a coin store in town that I used to go to pretty frequently. Thanks for your input, i appreciate it.

Alex.
No problem, glad I could help.
 
this is puzzeling(sic)......i would try posting it under"coins", the first one you come to when scrolling through the list of forums. the second one is for collctions i believe. those guys discuss all errors and there are some knowledgable people there who probably can help.
 
I think that might be a love token. It looks like a capital C or G on the obverse which obliterated most of the reverse design.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom