Very Unusual-NewPics! UPDATE! Its OPEN!!!!!

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• mike 001.jpg
    mike 001.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2,466
  • mike 002.jpg
    mike 002.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2,472
  • mike 003.jpg
    mike 003.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,460
  • mike 004.jpg
    mike 004.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,458

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Re: Very Unusual-NewPics! UPDATE! It's OPEN!!!!!

mojjax said:
I put everything back in the case and resealed it . Nothing strange has happened to me ....yet .

I did have a weird dream the other night - A wall of water was rushing down through a valley , myself and 3 others were running to get to my truck - then I woke up .

Could those beads be gold ? I thought it was odd they have no tarnish typical of brass .

Thank You for all the interesting responces !

I think you've watched "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" too many times. Sounds like the final scenes of the movie but they don't escape to the truck, they're swept away. :laughing9:

But thank you. And good for you. It can continue on toward it's destiny now.

P.S. Didn't a weird computer program show up in your computer right before you posted about the mystery object?

Upvote 0

mickk

Jul 23, 2006

Looking now, I think you have enough cloth to be able to get a date from one of those people who know about historical fashion. Also a textile dept at a uni would know where it came from.

Upvote 0

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

mojjax, next to the "demonic stuffed rabbit" I saw advertised on ebay once (extremely creepy), this is the weirdest, and maybe creepiest thing I've seen yet. If it was a tribute to a lost pet, then it would have been jeff daumer's pet. No , this smacks of "ju ju", maybe a hex charm of some kind. It might be worth researching the nationality of who ever owned the barn years ago and see if you can put together an old world tie of some sort, then research that country's traditions and superstitions.
I know when I was a boy growing up on the farm in Pennsylvaniawe had an very old farmer who lived near us who'd explain to my father some of the "pow wow" as it was called. it consisted of charms, tying red wool around the head for illness, and all kinds of other old world "magic" that was passed down. I wonder even, considering the claws, if this could have been a hex to keep rats away? This find is definately intriguing...and kind of scary!

Upvote 0

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other

These are the remnants of a strange soul, boy, girl, man or woman.
Probably some dude trying to put a love spell on some girl, or some girl trying to put the hex on some dude. Plehbah said Victorian times and that makes sense. Those were the 1968 days, last chapter.

Hey Mojjax,
Where was it in the barn? on a shelf? or up under an old stone, in the dirt and some were in the corner?
When was that barn built anyway?

Funny, we are all just guessing.
This is one of those never will knows, unless someone finds another.
d.

Upvote 0

kirkwannem

Greenie
Apr 3, 2009

My guess-- Vintage bear claw necklace kit-- type it in search and thier are thousands of different types of kits. Indians were famouse for these. Kits usually contain beads, claws and string, and some added other items.

Upvote 0

StogieJim

Feb 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Exp 2, Tejon, & Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi,

Just a bit if info: hoods for falcons are made from leather not cloth. The hood has to keep it's shape so the material does not touch the bird's eyes.

Jim

Upvote 0

OverKill

Jul 4, 2009
Dunlap , Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You are Doomed,and will be smarmed with a thousand attacking birds that will peck you to death....
LOL, very cool find though.
Is there any indication of how old it may be?

Upvote 0

taz42o

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2008
Ohio

I think that is a watch movement case. Dont know why it has animal parts in it though.

Attachments

• Vintage_Watch_Movement_Glass_and_Metal_Cases.JPG
    Vintage_Watch_Movement_Glass_and_Metal_Cases.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 726
  • sl731653.jpg
    sl731653.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 755
Upvote 0

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009

It looks like a watch movement case,....whatever that is. does that help date it? and does it have a hole for the screw thingy? so someome had this case, and decided it would be a good case for thier little treasures? A frame? They wanted what they put inside to show.

ng

Upvote 0

taz42o

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2008
Ohio

naturegirl said:
It looks like a watch movement case,....whatever that is. does that help date it? and does it have a hole for the screw thingy? so someome had this case, and decided it would be a good case for thier little treasures? A frame? They wanted what they put inside to show.

ng

19th century metal and glass shipping cases. These cases were used by watch manufacturers to ship their movements to the jewelers where they were mounted in the customer’s choice of case. Not all cases were the same and not all had hole for winding stem.

http://www.daveswatchparts.com/FactoryShippingCases.html

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Very Unusual- I can't get it open...yet !

lostcauses said:
Looks to be a container for pocket watch movement. Will be interesting to see what it on the inside.
That was a good call , Lostcauses . And thank you , Taz , for all those great pics and link !

Attachments

• 1067 002.jpg
    1067 002.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 583
Upvote 0
C

coloradocav

taz42o said:
I think that is a watch movement case. Dont know why it has animal parts in it though.
thanks for showing those, I have three of them dug from a privy always wondered what they were.

Upvote 0

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

Being dug from privy's, could they have been used to hold " specimen's "? :laughing9:............NGE

Upvote 0

taz42o

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2008
Ohio

You are welcome mojjax and colorado.
I had read lostcauses reply when originally posted but did not realize at the time he meant shipping case . I had never seen one , i was searching something else and stumbled onto those pics and realized thats what it was.
Now, what kind of animal claws or talons are those and why 6 ? the only animals i know with six claws or more on one foot are cats but those dont look like cat claws.

Upvote 0

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

BEEG KITTY!.........NGE

Upvote 0

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kirkwannem said:
My guess-- Vintage bear claw necklace kit-- type it in search and thier are thousands of different types of kits. Indians were famouse for these. Kits usually contain beads, claws and string, and some added other items.
Fantastic ID! I think you nailed it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread