Veteran Halfs CRH, Rookie With DImes and Quarter

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question for the Veterans CHR in Dimes and Quarters

I specialized in halfs but due to the fact that I have not been finding alot I decided to get 1 1/2 boxes of dimes
and one box of quarters.

I found 3 Silver Rosies (56,59,64) and One Quarter (51) and One Canadian Dime (69).

Is this a good average or it is low? It is challenging to search for dimes and hands get tired but at least I was not skunked.

The only advantage is that dimes and quarters are always available and halfs are not.

DW

Upvote 0

TheProf

Nov 13, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be happy with that!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
DW, the dimes are right on the mark, (except for the '69 Can, not silver, unless you are colleting 'em anyway). The quarter find is good, as I've only found 1 in $1200 searched.

ffd

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I'd say average to good on dimes and above average on the quarters. If you found that out of one box I would stick with the quarters and try your luck.

Golden Silver

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad at all man. Try seeing if you can find a bank that has a coi machine. I think bags of dimes produce more. I usually only average 1 or to silvers per box. Sometimes just getting customer wrapped rolls will pay off too.

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Dimes for me average about 3 to 4 per $500, and quarters about 1 per 2 $500. So you did good in my book.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
dimes are about averageish...the quarts., ive done $1500ish in them and didnt get anything, so i decided not to play that silly game quarters like to play, and go right to the halves, but u actually did GREAT w/ the quarts., so i would stick 2 those. good luck, hh, and happy 4th!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions