vferrari I hope everyone knows

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AceofBases

Jan 7, 2019
Detector(s) used
Deus II, MI-6, Manticore, Equinox 800, Pro Find 35, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I concur. Have learned so much from you! Thank you.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree 100%. Thanks for all the information. Now can you please come to my house and set up my Nox800 for me? :laughing7:
dts

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciated folks.

I just try to take some of the mystery and confusion out of the technology used by translating it from engineering and marketing speak into more digestible words. Or flesh out concepts that are ambiguous or vague.

I personally know, correspond, and in some cases, get opportunities to hunt with folks like Andy Sabisch, Clive Clynick, and Calabash who write the books and make the videos.

Smokey the Cat teaches me the practical aspects of detecting and the history of the finds with access to some amazing and difficult to detect sites that hone my detector skills like setup, swing, coil control,, target interrogation, and target recovery.

Met some great lifelong friends and amazingly skilled detectorists here and on detecting outings and in boot camps. I learn a lot from those I am supposedly teaching.

So I am thankful to all the people who have taught me about detecting and detectors.

I don't give specific advice on detectors I haven't used, I try to do look ups on questions I don't know off the bat, and I do get some things wrong sometimes (and admit it and try to correct the erroneous info when I can). I can sound like a broken record when attempting to address repeated misconceptions and myths which people misinterpret as "giving flack" etc. or just tell me flat out that I am wrong, which is fine. I listen to legitimate criticism and try to do better.

But I have no brand or model loyalties to defend or other agendas other than just trying to put out the most accurate information I can so others can enjoy detecting as much as I do.

HH everyone.

Last edited:

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really appreciate the great mix of science and common sense that V brings to the forums, as well as his excellent writing and teaching skills.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You take the :icon_scratch: out many of the time-thanks for your input on getting through to folks like me that find it a little more than confusing on how things work.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very well said Gare, I share your opinion, he's helped me out on more than one occasion!!! "D"

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ability to convey in words very meaningful information is a much appreciated asset. It takes time and effort…and to just do it to help others takes a man whose heart is in a good place. ACCURATE information is priceless, and he has a lot of it. He is an INVALUABLE guy to have around, I have learned some things I didn't even know existed.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
The ability to convey in words very meaningful information is a much appreciated asset. It takes time and effort…and to just do it to help others takes a man whose heart is in a good place. ACCURATE information is priceless, and he has a lot of it. He is an INVALUABLE guy to have around, I have learned some things I didn't even know existed.

Apparently no longer around?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hasn't been on for 7 weeks now
Maybe Smokey has heard from him.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's ok. Talked to him two days ago. We did a dig April 1 together. Except for a few keeper items, we haven't gotten into a hot site this winter/spring season. He also Has the Deus 2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread