pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He's ok. Talked to him two days ago. We did a dig April 1 together. Except for a few keeper items, we haven't gotten into a hot site this winter/spring season. He also Has the Deus 2.
That's great Smokey to hear all is well.
Looking forward to reading up his views/thoughts/settings for the Deus ll.
Sometimes folks just drop off, and there's that nagging :dontknow:what happens to them.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's ok. Talked to him two days ago. We did a dig April 1 together. Except for a few keeper items, we haven't gotten into a hot site this winter/spring season. He also Has the Deus 2.
Glad to hear that he is OK, but is he not posting here anymore?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know. The new site confuses me so unless it's under "what's new" and I see it in time, I'd never know.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vferrari does not like a bunch of drama for one.

Just like most of us, he is learning the Deus 2 and won't report until he is good and ready.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, learn something new each time he posts

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Probably feels slighted as his gold coin didn't impress enough to be awarded banner but others (same coin) did..

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
vferrari does not like a bunch of drama for one.

Just like most of us, he is learning the Deus 2 and won't report until he is good and ready.
He used to be here almost every day. Its been months now since he's shown his head in any section here. It has nothing to do with drama, and nothign to do with the Deus 2. He simply has stopped coming here, and I'm puzzled. For me, and I'm sure I'm not alone... he made this site.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably feels slighted as his gold coin didn't impress enough to be awarded banner but others (same coin) did..
Ummm, no. We must be talking about someone else. That's not the vferrari that I know.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He used to be here almost every day. Its been months now since he's shown his head in any section here. It has nothing to do with drama, and nothign to do with the Deus 2. He simply has stopped coming here, and I'm puzzled. For me, and I'm sure I'm not alone... he made this site.
You can trust and believe me or not..........I Private Message him often on another forum. He is not posting very much on that forum either and he is a moderator. He will be back when he is ready.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His gold coin find was in November 2020, can't say why it didn't make the banner then, too long ago, could have been a site issue could have had multiple gold coins already on the banner:dontknow:, just don't know, but he was logged in last on May 28, 2022, and vferrari never stuck me as the type of person to get mad over a find and leave.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
His gold coin find was in November 2020, can't say why it didn't make the banner then, too long ago, could have been a site issue could have had multiple gold coins already on the banner:dontknow:, just don't know, but he was logged in last on May 28, 2022, and vferrari never stuck me as the type of person to get mad over a find and leave.

If he logged on May 28, 2022 he's quiet because he wants to be, as simple as that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he logged on May 28, 2022 he's quiet because he wants to be, as simple as that.
If you click on a members avatar it shows day they joined and last time they logged into TNet.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The ability to convey in words very meaningful information is a much appreciated asset. It takes time and effort…and to just do it to help others takes a man whose heart is in a good place. ACCURATE information is priceless, and he has a lot of it. He is an INVALUABLE guy to have around, I have learned some things I didn't even know existed.
absolutely one of the best detectorist on any forum. I cannot tell you how many times he personally answered my seeming idiot newbie questions about the 800. He is never condescending in his replies. Truly one of the best. He does not engage in discussing something the does not know but only things he knows are facts.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to him just a few days ago. We are planning our fall adventures.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I talked to him just a few days ago. We are planning our fall adventures.
You are lucky to have him as a hunting partner and friend. He is lucky to have the same with you. Tell him that I miss his posts, but I know he would answer any PM's from me if I had any questions. Learning the CTX and it has been out so long there is plenty of good information from experienced detectorists. So I don't have to badger him so much this time around. He sure did help me with the 800, but it ended up not being right for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions