What's new

Vintage Cheesecake (a little NSFW) and Other Stuff

Tallone

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2013
Messages
844
Reaction score
552
Golden Thread
0
Location
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
The wife and I picked up some pretty good stuff this past weekend. The vintage cheesecake pics are at the end of the post. They are slightly not safe for work (NSFW) so if you are worried about somebody peaking over your shoulder, this is your chance to bail out safely. Here is the loot:

DSC03598.webp
I picked up this nice old Pentax film camera & lens for $10. I have a Pentax closeup lens attachment that fits this. I have been trying to sell the closeup attachment for $10 but no takers so far. I'm going to list this camera with this closeup attachment to enhance the value of the listing. I might get as much as $100.

DSC03599.webp
The wife bought this Dooney & Bourke purse for $25. I don't know squat about ladies purses except that some of them bring ridiculously large amounts of money and that there are cheapo knockoffs of the expensive ones. She says this is a good brand. She thinks this is worth $50 to $100. It looks like a good quality product so we shall see.

DSC03600.webp
This is a set of wine bottle stoppers I grabbed for $5. They are stainless steel with a wooden top (rosewood, I think) in a nice case. No brand name on them. Probably worth no more than $20 so I was a little disappointed in that. I really like them so I may keep them.

DSC03603.webp
My wife got these Lego-style blocks for $5. The package is still sealed. I had never heard of the Best Lock brand. She says these will fit with Lego blocks. I have no idea what they may be worth. I will let her figure that out.

DSC03604.webp
This is an older Sunbeam Mixmaster mixer with two bowls and two sets of attachments. Paid the $10 sticker price. It works great and should bring $80 - $100.

DSC03605.webp
We stumbled upon a very large church sale late in the morning Saturday. Huge amount of stuff there but I'm sure it was pretty well picked over by the time we got there. The only thing we bought were these light bulbs. These are 50W halogen bulbs. The light fixture in our home office uses this base style so I was familiar with the price but I stopped by Lowe's Sunday just to confirm what I thought. These puppies retail for almost $8 each so this is about $100 worth of bulbs. I paid $10 for 13 of them. I will keep these for my own use. Like old Ben Franklin used to say, "A penny saved is a penny earned" so I just earned $90.

DSC03606.webp DSC03597.webp
My wife picked up the American Girl doll accessory and the large bag of Barbie clothes for $10. I have no idea what the AG toy is worth but some months back she picked up some old Barbie clothes like this and sold them in pieces. I think she made about $100 on them. This is a larger lot than that group was but she says these are newer so who knows. I think she just likes to play with them. :laughing7:




OK, OK.... Below is what all you lecherous old creepers (like me) have been waiting for. Last chance to bail out... This is actually pretty tame stuff (at least by today's standards) so I hope I'm not crossing a line into prohibited territory.





DSC03601.webp DSC03602.webp
I paid $4 for this Art Album which is actually just a collection of photos of nude young women. Judging by the hair and photographic styles, age of the paper, etc. this is probably from the 1920s. On the inside of the cover it says this was published by the Fantasy Publishing Company of New York. Unfortunately, there is no date. There are 26 photos in the album. I suppose they called it an "art" album to evade anti-porn laws.

I find it interesting how they handled the full frontal shots (such as the second picture). Somebody drew in by hand (probably on the negative or the master print) some strategically placed decorative drapery and/or blurred the image to prevent, shall we say, "full disclosure" of the young lady's charms. This has been done for several of the images.

Unfortunately, there is some damage. The cover is detached and in bad shape around the edges. There has also been some water damage which caused some wrinkling and staining especially on the pictures toward the back of the album. The second picture is the last page of the album so you can see that the wrinkles and stains have not seriously damaged the images.
 
Last edited:
Good buys. On the Dooney purse, check to see that some (if not all) of the brass components have "SOLID BRASS" stamped on them. Just got burned by a fake one that was extremely close to the original, but the metal duck tag was not solid brass and the embossing of the leather duck logo was inferior. If its real it will fetch $40-$50 BIN. Maybe higher if it's a bigger purse. $100 is a stretch for a small Dooney shoulder bag, looks to be maybe 9" long by 7" high?

Not an authority on film camera bodies, but I know that Pentax 50mm 1.7 is worth $50 alone, so you should do well there.
 
Thanks for the tips on the purse, Gino. I will look at those details. I think your guess on the dimensions is about right.

I have usually been able to get $10 - $20 out of a working film camera body. There have been a couple of recent ebay sales of this exact same setup that sold between $60 and $70. I am hoping the addition of the closeup lens will bump my final sale number up above that a little bit. $100 might be a bit of stretch but $80 - $90 is realistic, I think.
 
Lucky! My wife hates getting up early to go to yard sales, but she likes my finds though...congrats!
 
Love the vintage erotica, I mean "art" book. I would have bought it too. I buy light bulbs every now and then myself too, especially the higher end and unusual ones. I bought a few Edison Squirrel cage reproductions a couple weeks ago along with a couple others I haven't id'd yet. Here is what the squirrel cage bulbs look like-

47094.jpg
 
I've sold a few Dooney bags. One of the things I learned was that the duck bill should be seperated from the head. If the bill is attached the it is a fake. The ones I had sold for about $60 a piece. Paid $5 for both at g.s.
 
yard_sale.gif
Nice buys TallOne. Thanks for sharing...
 
I checked the details on the purse. The buckle is the only metal part stamped "solid brass". The duck bill is clearly separate from the head on both the leather logo and on the metal tag. So, I guess it is safe to say this is an authentic Dooney & Bourke purse. Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated.

That is a curious light bulb, dig. Never seen one like that.
 
Sold a Pentax and lenses recently for $65. Yours looks to be in better shape. Lots of bids.
 
Oops, I forgot to include one other item I picked up last weekend.

DSC03592.webp DSC03595.webp
I usually don't even look at jewelry because there is often a lot of junk jewelry at yard sales and I'm just not interested in digging through it hoping to find a small amount of gold or silver. The yard sale I got this from had pretty much nothing buy jewelry and clothes. I took a look in the box of jewelry because they were selling everything for $1 each. I noticed this because it was still in the original box but I figured it was cheapo plastic or ceramic. Then I noticed the label - "freshwater cultured pearls". Then I flipped the box over. The original price was $59.99. I'm not sure what these will fetch on ebay. Probably not $60 but surely WAY more than $1.
 
That's a cool set. I would list it for $29.99 NIB. Perfect time with Mother's Day around the corner.
 
The second picture is the last page of the album so you can see that the wrinkles and stains have not seriously damaged the images.
I bet that young lady wishes she has only those wrinkles now. She would be about 110 years old now.

too bad you can't track down her great grandkids, they would be surprised granny shot nudes.
 
That's a cool set. I would list it for $29.99 NIB. Perfect time with Mother's Day around the corner.
Thanks for reminding me. I know I have some "mom" type jewelry that I can list next week.


Tallone, most of the time you can judge the type of jewelry by the overall look of the lot as to whether it's worth digging through or not. Usually if it's vintage and/or it has some signed pieces in it or something I see that I can make some money on, i'll ask that favorite question..."How much for all of it?". I did this last weekend on a small jewelry box full of vintage costume. I found a couple grams of 14K gold and a few pieces of sterling, not to mention the vintage 3 piece set of Krementz Rose stuff that caused me to want to buy the whole box in the first place. For $5 I couldn't go wrong. I should make at least $100 off of it, all said and done. I always take a quick look at the jewelry. It doesn't always have to be gold or silver to be worth something.
 
I'm not sure I would recognize vintage jewelry if it jumped up and slapped me in the face. Even so, that is good advice, dig. I will pay a little more attention in the future. Maybe I can learn to spot some winners more quickly.
 
Oops, I forgot to include one other item I picked up last weekend.

View attachment 978897 View attachment 978898
I usually don't even look at jewelry because there is often a lot of junk jewelry at yard sales and I'm just not interested in digging through it hoping to find a small amount of gold or silver. The yard sale I got this from had pretty much nothing buy jewelry and clothes. I took a look in the box of jewelry because they were selling everything for $1 each. I noticed this because it was still in the original box but I figured it was cheapo plastic or ceramic. Then I noticed the label - "freshwater cultured pearls". Then I flipped the box over. The original price was $59.99. I'm not sure what these will fetch on ebay. Probably not $60 but surely WAY more than $1.

You did well with your finds!

Jewelry is a good thing to stop and look through, but a small lighted 7x mag. glass can help more than you know. In March, for a total of $9, I found a 14kt, pair of earrings, a 14kt rope bracelet, and a 14kt 20" rope necklace that totaled 15.3 grams. They were sprinkled throughout a lot of Sterling jewelry finds in garage sale costume jewelry. I bought and sold a lot of Sterling tableware and Sterling jewelry about 3 years ago when it was around $25 a Toz.. One batch I sent to a refiner cost me less than $250, but I got a check for $2,003.00 that I put in on a future solar electric project I've now fully paid for with at total of $7,000.000 PM sales and $8,000.00 in profits from our own garage sales and three setups at the monthly local flea market.

I haven't sold any gold or silver since then. I found a "Once Certified" set of stainless steel grocery store fruit/veggie scales at are fairly accurate. Out of curiosity, several months ago, I filled the tray with all the Sterling Silver I have acquired in the last 3 years. I know it the wrong way to weigh PM's, but those scales give me a "Bulk" weight of just over 16 pounds, including some jewelry having semiprecious stones.... all found at estate and garage sales inside our county.

One upscale garage sale of two divorced people now planning to go for a "Second Time Around", the younger lady bagged all her old jewelry and old memories and marked them at $8 a bag. Lots and Lots of Sterling and a 10kt yellow gold tennis bracelet! I took it to a jeweler and he verified there were 35 ten-point diamonds in it; making it a 3-1/2 carat diamond tennis bracelet. So, take time and look through those baggies of costume jewelry; it can make your heart skip a beat! :tongue3:
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom