Vintage Player Piano Rolls

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Anyone know if certain makes or songs are more popular. Did some research and it kind of looks like hit and miss especially on eBay. I am getting into an estate where the lady passed last week at 100. The son said to me "you buy junk" and wanted to know if I was interested. I say yeah just so I could get into the house.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the most important thing is getting in. Right, right, left, bang! Pay well on a couple deals that they can compare with net listings and pick a pile of other things they could care nothing about.

OP
OP
NJcigarman

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You are so right the son he is almost 80. I am worried he is going to start to throw stuff out. I even checked his trash last week on trash day. The Mother was born on Ellis Island when her parents arrived in 1914 from Italy. She was an only child and her son was complaining to me a year ago about her parents "junk " still in the house. I am even going to volunteer to help him clean up!!!!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I see piano rolls frequently and I usually just pass by them because most of them aren't worth much. Maybe $5-$10 each if your lucky. However, there is always that hidden gem. I think your playing it well to get your foot in the door. Good luck and let us know what kind of treasures you uncover from that house in the near future.

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the piano still there as well?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread