Virginia Beach

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Gar, Go down 2 Posts from yours to Gravediggers under Beach & Shallow Water. He lives there & is the undisputed " King of Va. Bch."!

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
come on down

just go and hunt anytime u like......................boardwalk beach is 42 blocks, but goes well north of 42 - up to the military base around 80th street........................................so 40 blocks of beach without boardwalk

most of the local guys that hunt the dry sand, do not hunt around the tourist laying on the beach in the middle of the day................usually hunt the dry sand early morning and late evenings, but some do hunt all around them

i hunt in the water and its edges...............mostly during low tide zone - when the tide starts to come in, it comes in with a vengence.

max

tb

Mar 24, 2005
Max summed it up pretty good. My partner hunts 99% of the time in the dry sand and I hunt mostly in the wetstuff. Finds are to be had in both places, depends on what type of machine you have as to where it'll work best. Higher probably of finds in the boardwalk/ motel zone. North of the boardwalk is mostly locals and they don't lose as much. City parking lots at 25th,19th,9th, and the 1st street loop. You only get 3 hours out of the meters and they short you by 10 minutes sometimes(found from experience)=parking ticket. Good luck when you come, you're bound to run into one of the hunters down here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread