Void/Caves/Tunnel Detection Instruments

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
I am searching for a low cost unit that can find voids/tunnels/caves at depths up to 10 meters or more. I'd like to be able to plot at the same time, but realize this is probably cost proibitive. The soil may or may not be highly mineralized.

It has been suggested by a respected TNet friend that an old White's two box can do the job. I have read elsewhere that the Fisher Gemini III is also capable of locating voids. My concern is depth and cost. The cheapest unit I've found is an OKW at $2,500. Geosensors and a sledge would be much cheaper, but not particularly efficient.

Does anyone have experience or suggestions in this area? Thanks.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
10 meters depth, forget the Fisher or White's. For that kind of depth there are numerous other techniques (proton magnetometry, microseismology, resistivity apparatus, Wadi etc. VLF geophysical apparatus, etc.) but none of them are easy to use and most are expensive.

With regard to the OKW, I'd recommend doing some serious forum prowling first, and don't spend a dime until you know you have straight answers just what it actually is that you'd be buying. I predict that the factory will not provide you with any such straight answers.

--Dave J.

OP
OP
starsplitter

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Dave,

On the White's or Gemini, I'll go with them for metal and finding voids at shallow depths. On finding cavities... every option I've reviewed is expensive. Period. The only thing that comes out less expensive (surplus equipment) are geophones. I don't want to be silly about this - why spend several thousand dollars on (for me) is untested technology. Pricing is way too high to just accept the hype. Hence, my dismissing OKW.

Again, thanks for your input.

Mark

Landfar

Greenie
Apr 2, 2011
Look Into Landmapper Its a resistivity meter and measures conductivity the lady named Larisa will configure it for what you want to do.
This unit was made By Scientist for Scientific Exploration .. So its not a treasure Hunting Toy .
But This unit will find whats down there its very light... And compared to its compittion very cheap.
I have one designed for me to see a 4meter sq area 10 meters down cost 1900 bucks they start at around 1500 .
Other units cost 20,000 or more for similar quality

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread