jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was swinging around a picnic grove today before work, hitting a few coins, had about 5 quarters, a few dimes, a few pennies........the place is trashy.......I sez to self....."could be a good place for a pocket spill".......a few minutes pass I go around this tree......my detector goes nuts......I thought to self "must be a mowed over beer can", but it was too large....I dig the middle of the signal......a cache of memorial pennies oooooh cool......maybe some shiny in the hole.....none yet....5-7 minutes later still finding gobs of pennies......"what the $#@! I say", I cant get them all....then get a different signal.......a Jamaican 1 dollar coin.....modern but weird.......I sez to self "Voodoo witchcraft cache!"
I never did get all the signals.........got to go back when I have more time.......only pennies in this pile of coins and one Jamaican 1 dollar coin so far, what ya think guys????

Jorge

Attachments

• Jamaican_Dollar.jpg
    Jamaican_Dollar.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 856
Upvote 0
OP
OP
jorge del norte

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
47 pennies, and Jamaican 1 dollar coin.............plus ten other coins............

58 coins at location.......it ain't much and it's not old just weird!!!!!!!!!!!

hh

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
I can solve the mystery penny cache for ya... Parents throw birthday parties in the park, tie one of them there fancy pinatas to a tree loaded with pennies and candy. Kids spill the contents and viola! penny cache... I should know I stumbled upon one once when one of the park "regulars" told me that's where they tie up the pinata. Mystery sovled! Glad I could be of service! Now go back there and get the rest!

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, this is before Thanksgiving, not Halloween. Nice finds. Never seen one of those dollars before. Go back and dig the rest. There might be more of those dollars there. WTG.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jorge,
Very nice find. I've never seen one of those posted on TN yet. Congrats.
Yah Mahn! (my Jamaican voice)
-MM-

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
no voodoo good coin. oooba ooooba you will be fine,now go dig the rest.

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Hey Jorge

It's unanimous.. we all agree you need to dig them all. Could be a couple more Bustamante dollars lurking there too.

What does the reverse side look like?

Great job and thanks for sharing your story!

Sanat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread