W for winchester I think

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Went out today for a short hunt on a lot that had been cleared. Kane 23 had found a few Wheaties & a 47 dime on this lot just the other day. I was not finding much except for a few newer coins when I got a solid 47 on the MXT. Down about 6" out popped a button looking thing. I put it in my pocket and continued to hunt. After about two hours I was done so I went home for a bit to eat. I cleaned up the button and this is what it ended up being. The W is suspect is for winchester it looks like brass on the out side but the W looks like gold. Has anyone an idea as to what it is. I'm guessing cufflink, on the back it has Paten Dec 2nd 8 IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

Upvote 0
A cufflink could have the owner's initial on it.I don't think it's a cufflink,unless it is a very,very old one.Give us a side view.

Here is a side view, both arms are a pivot like hinge & should open 90 degrees I will have to soak it in something to get them loosened upIMG_0057.JPG I am guessing the the Paten date is 1908 it was to corroded to be three months ago.

Thanks to the what is it forum & Bigcypresshunter I found out that it is a cufflink from 1884 and was even able to get the levers to open.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back