What's new

Wagon Step ?????

Dig-m-Deep

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
This piece was dug out of the river bank in GA. My first thought was a wagon step but can't find any like it. Appears to be hand forged, 22" across. Both ends are turned up like they braced against something.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0036.webp
    DSCN0036.webp
    89.6 KB · Views: 372
  • DSCN0037.webp
    DSCN0037.webp
    68.8 KB · Views: 374
What river ? , Depending on what river, It is possible that it came off a river boat.
 
Upvote 0
Gunrunner it came off the Tenn river, hadn't thought about a steamboat...Thanks

Beth you are probably correct on not being heavy enough...Thanks
 
Upvote 0
The wagon step I dug was smaller, with two holes to bracket it to the side of the wagon or buggy...well, I guess technically mine is a "buggy step."

I don't think that's what you've got.


-Buck
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom