Walked into my bank while a customer was rolling up her halves. WITH PICS

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I walked in my bank this afternoon about 4:10 pm to make a deposit and pick up 2 boxes of halves.
I noticed a couple with a large plastic bag of halves and big dollars busily rolling them at a counter. As I made my deposit I told the teller that when they turn them in I would like to buy them. My son was in the car and I had to get him to guitar practice at 4:30 pm. I could not wait for the customers to finish rolling them or we would be late for his lesson. I took my son to practice, dropped him off and returned to the bank and bought $305 worth of coins. (still warm from stuffing) ;D

I brought them home and my son Tanner and I searched $190 worth of halves and the rest dollar coins. We ended up with 37 Ikes and 7 40%.

It was kinda strange to see the customers who was actually rolling my customer rolled rolls. I asked the teller if they had some bills to pay and she said that their mom needs an operation.

Gordon and Tanner

Attachments

• IMG_1149.JPG
    IMG_1149.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 561
Upvote 0
Nice score, I have yet to get a good amount of customer rolls. I like the Ikes, I spend them as tips usually. I've never found a silver one.

too bad about the reason they were there, but you scored big. congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back