What's new

"Walking" up to the truck...................

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
"Walking" up to the truck...................

Manny took the day off Tuesday to take me down to look at a potential group hunt site as I was off that day. We picked up Mark and headed off for some scouting. While we were out on a recon we decided to stop off for some detecting at another site. It was an old park and everyone dug silver. Manny found his first silver quarter, first half dollar (clad) and more goodies. Mark had a silver dime and a pocket full of wheats and clad. I scored three silver dimes, a silver quarter and lots of clad and wheats. When it was time to leave, I scanned all the way to the truck. Mere seconds from the truck, just behind a parking block, I got a loud signal at 3 inches. Knowing that I was digging clad up to 6 inches deep in this area, I was very unexcited about digging it. After flipping the sod back, I was in heaven, spying a large shiny silver staring up at me. I took my digger and with skill like a mountain man I thrust it into the ground and let out a war whoop, while thumping my chest. The boys came over as I whipped out the video camera and set the televised reveal in motion. "I'm made of metal, your circuits screamed, I am perpetual, you keep the country clean". These strange lyrics passed through my head as KK Downing was shreading a guitar. Sorry, I was off track for a second. My best year ever for silver halves. 1941-S walker, 1942-S quarter, 3 mercs and scads of clad and wheaties.
 

Attachments

  • IM000970.webp
    IM000970.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,116
  • IM000971.webp
    IM000971.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,103
  • IM000972.webp
    IM000972.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,106
Upvote 0
Re: "Walking" up to the truck...................

perfect day :notworthy:
 
Re: "Walking" up to the truck...................

nice silvers, still looking for my first silver half. mike
 
Re: "Walking" up to the truck...................

They seem to always turn up when you least expect them, :icon_thumleft:
Pro-
 
Re: "Walking" up to the truck...................

nice score on the half :icon_thumright: MR TUFF
 
Re: "Walking" up to the truck...................

Looks like you guys will have to go back to that old park. You all had a great day. Nice digs......Matt
 
Re: "Walking" up to the truck...................

I like to have seen that on you tube, Steve :laughing7:. Wtg on a good dig on that walker. It's funny how people find some good finds on the way back to their vehicle after the end of a hunt ??? Hope the group hunt is fun and productive. I'm sitting in sunny California right now. Later, ron
 
Re: "Walking" up to the truck...................

Awesome finds! :thumbsup:
 
Re: "Walking" up to the truck...................

Congratulations on the silvers.
 
Re: "Walking" up to the truck...................

My favorite phrase ""Walking" up to the truck..................."!
Congratulations!
 
Re: "Walking" up to the truck...................

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. :icon_thumright:
 
Re: "Walking" up to the truck...................

congrats on the silver, nice finds thanks for sharing and hh
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom