Wanting new machine Opinions

hillbillyhunter

Dec 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently have a Tesoro Deleon. I am wanting to upgrade or get something comparable. Any suggestions> Garret AT maybe?

Not sure why I want to upgrade. My machine in a little older, I guess I want something a little newer any suggestions. I hunt in the south. Its iron filled down here.

Thanks,

Upvote 0
I don't know if you will find anyone here with an opinion on that...:laughing7:

All depends on what you want to spend

I also use Tesoros but my prime hunter is an F70.
Fantastic in great soil, mineralized soil, heavy trash or super dense iron with several coils.
At new prices the anniversary edition F75 is a better deal right now at $500 from most dealers, used the F70 can be found even cheaper down to near the $400 range...sometimes even below that.
Many people buy these top end Fishers but never really learn to get a handle on them or understand them and dump them cheap.
Their loss is our gain.

I love my AT pro..... It picks up the targets quite well and it is easy to use...It can also go into the water as long as you have the waterproof headphones

Deus..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Find better spots and any old machine will do nicely lol

You are going to have to spend $1,000.00 or more to really upgrade. The AT Pro is a sideways move. I would be looking at one of these five:

You say it's "iron filled down here". I see this problem quite often and there are things you can do which will increase your find rate and make you a happy detectorist. STOP HUNTING CRAP SITES! Not every park,school,old house and field are full of iron. Some are,no doubt. An old farm? They're the worst. You have to ask the hard question of WHY you are bogged down in all this iron! If you said,"I hunt only old farms and demolished houses" then you could more accurately decide what detector/coil combo would work better for finding what you're after. Some machines work better in iron laden places,while others excel at finding deep old coins in cleaner ground. Start with WHERE,think about WHY and then decide on WHAT. Changing sites instead of changing detectors CAN be the solution,if you think you're not doing as well as you should be or would like to. JMHO...

I've found on my etrac that if it's severely iron infested I can generally null it out and avoid it and still pick up some goodies. Aluminum on the other hand is a different ball game. I don't want to miss jewelry so I dig the aluminum and have got a pretty good collection of it stockpiled at home

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back