OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Always change the theory to fit the facts, not the other way around. Use established, quantifiable, evidenced facts to develop further your theory. And if the facts mean that elements of the theory no longer hold, discard that part of the theory forthwith; persisting with the theory in face of opposing facts will create a false conclusion no matter how much you'd prefer it to be the conclusion.
...and is this how you "solved" the Beale ciphers- disregarding opposing facts to create you conclusion?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Documentation outside of the Beale Papers that collaborates the events related in the job pamphlet.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Documentation outside of the Beale Papers that collaborates the events related in the job pamphlet.

Gotta be more specific... did the Beale Expedition happen, in 1817? Did they stop at Buford's tavern in 1819? Did they bury Gold & Silver in Nov., 1819? Did TJB "board" with RM in DEC., 1819-March, 1820? Did TJB leave RM in March, 1820?
PROOF of Mining in Colorado (above Santa Fe, NM) in 1819-1822? Did TBJ & "crew" stop in St. Louis, MO, trading some Gold/Silver for Jewelry in 1821? Did TJB & "crew" bury such in Bedford County, Va. in 1821? Did TJB AGAIN "board" with RM in 1822? ??? :icon_scratch:

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta be more specific... did the Beale Expedition happen, in 1817? Did they stop at Buford's tavern in 1819? Did they bury Gold & Silver in Nov., 1819? Did TJB "board" with RM in DEC., 1819-March, 1820? Did TJB leave RM in March, 1820?
PROOF of Mining in Colorado (above Santa Fe, NM) in 1819-1822? Did TBJ & "crew" stop in St. Louis, MO, trading some Gold/Silver for Jewelry in 1821? Did TJB & "crew" bury such in Bedford County, Va. in 1821? Did TJB AGAIN "board" with RM in 1822? ??? :icon_scratch:
That would be the documentation required outside of the job pamphlet that would prove that the events in Beale 1885 actually happened, and the existence of the claimed deposits of treasure.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That would be the documentation required outside of the job pamphlet that would prove that the events in Beale 1885 actually happened, and the existence of the claimed deposits of treasure.

NONE found (written documents), so far...

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1106442

Lets stick to Thomas Beale as the one who made the cipher for now.

Lets follow the rules and not be a provocateur

I think you will be Jean Laf-fing at your own fail to be honest.

I design and engineer the most advanced trikes and trailers on the planet, so I am happy where I am as a professional.

We do this because we love to see the facts in the past being brought to light, not because we just put up a website with zero info there and tease everyone to look at it.

BTW, why is your site absent of all info, and all the links are dead concerning your solves?

You keep addressing the forum with your solve, then move us over there when there's nothing to see, that is called spamming, and against forum rules

I know how discoveries like this make you seasoned professionals feel, I was waiting for a few months to see if someone would figure it out all friendly like,

but because it became another History Channel special so quickly, :dontknow: guess that means the code has been broken already.

I figured that you needed a cup of (leaves to imagination) :coffee2:, after I offered you a hint at a code I have already proven exists elsewhere, one that would be a runner up to the solve, to take it all a step higher.

When you 'discover' this old rev, which I will assert as I wish, holding the actual answers, that you have been shown the "Code", I think you might just realize your war cry has me

PMSL.................Can you break the capitalized code?

it says 2 = 3 + mine + 18 = 7 is the answer carved on both stones in AZ, and printed in the manual to correspond to these stones as a map. How ironic that you would think they would leave this behind for anyone to just stumble upon with these cyphers

so i am afraid that will be the end of it

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
John William Sherman "owned" the "LYNCHBURG VIRGINIAN",so I doubt he paid for those 84 ads that ran for 5 months.
The original price of the pamphlet was 50 cents,and then lowered to 10 cents,if you follow the ads.The newspaper whent bankrupt under Sherman's ownership.
During the period of 1870-1885,the "LYNCHBURG VIRGINIAN" ran many stories of the gold and silver discoveries in Colorado,and stories of jewelry found on old farms.
One such story appeared in the "LYNCHBURG VIRGINIAN",April 16,1879 which was about the hidden treasure of Robert O Willis who hid $65,000 worth of gold,silver,and jewelry in a Kentucky cave.Parts of this story were incorporated into the Beale tale.
Also during 1881-1886,Sherman had written many western dime novels,several including treasure.
If the Beale treasure existed outside of the Beale pamphlet,why did John William Sherman and/or J B Ward never search for it?
That answer is very obvious.
Thanks to Releventchair for remembering this post. :icon_thumright:
That news article in the Virginian does hold many similarities to the Beale story.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to Releventchair for remembering this post. :icon_thumright:
That news article in the Virginian does hold many similarities to the Beale story.

Yep. I think this tells quite a bit about the origin of the tale and also its local success at the time. From 50 cents to a dime sounds pretty desperate to me. I doubt he sold enough to cover the ad space which sort of hints that the locals knew it was a just fictional tale/scheme.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Well, By 1885... there WERE Mining Operations going on in Colorado; NONE indicated for @ 1817/18-1822 or so. TJB said he left behind a MO & came back EAST with @ 10 men...

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
If you will read the journals of Jacob Fowler, you will find Indians talking about 30 to 35 men on the Platte River near Pike's Peak... Later, in another trapper's journal you will find that 30 to 35 white men were killed on the Platte River near Pike's Peak in 1825 or 1826. Sounds like the Beale Party to me.
The dates are after the stated dates for the Beale Paper expedition.
...and Thomas Beale died in 1821, Jr in 1823.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There were other Thomas Beale's actually I have found 13 living at the right time. One had a brother named Leonard and was born at the Indian Capitol in Kentucky to an Indian family. But anyway the Jacob Fowler Journal was the right time of the Summer of 1821 and on Jacob Fowler's return to St. Louis on the Plains of Kansas he met the party of TJB and his ten men along with the three guides and cooks during the summer of 1822 while TJB was returning to his mines. So I know the story is real and the treasure is real. I have found my evidence and it is in my CD book.

The OTHER thing to keep in mind is... the 1885 PRINTING/PUBLISHING date of the Beale PAPERS.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... the Jacob Fowler Journal was the right time of the Summer of 1821 and on Jacob Fowler's return to St. Louis on the Plains of Kansas he met the party of TJB and his ten men along with the three guides and cooks during the summer of 1822 while TJB was returning to his mines...
Are you claiming that Fowler mentioned Thomas J Beale, by name, in his 1821-1822 Memoirs?
Fowler does state that the Pawnee and Crowe "tribes speake on the most friendly terms of the white men and say they are about 35 in number".
http://archive.org/details/cu31924028907446

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were other Thomas Beale's actually I have found 13 living at the right time. One had a brother named Leonard and was born at the Indian Capitol in Kentucky to an Indian family. But anyway the Jacob Fowler Journal was the right time of the Summer of 1821 and on Jacob Fowler's return to St. Louis on the Plains of Kansas he met the party of TJB and his ten men along with the three guides and cooks during the summer of 1822 while TJB was returning to his mines. So I know the story is real and the treasure is real. I have found my evidence and it is in my CD book.

You actually have Fowler entering the name Thomas J.Beale in his diary? I doubt that. By 1822 there were a lot of small parties trying to take advantage of what the Adams Onis Treaty had opened up. All that land suddenly belonged to the Americans and everyone from land speculators to business types were trying to take advantage of things. Fowler could have run into any number of small parties. If it's not documented as such then there's absolutely nothing to suggest that it was the Beale party other then blind hope and "a lot" creative structuring, just as with every other unfounded theory involving the tale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread