OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Thomas Beale who had a duel with Ward's grandfather Risqué did not have a "J" in his name.
He departed Virginia for New Orleans and fought alongside Pascal Buford during the Battle of New Orleans.
He owned the Uptown Plantation and Merchant & Planters Hotel on 10 Canal St and it seems never took an extended leave of New Orleans or returned to Virginia to stay at Buford's Inn.

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Captain Jack, even you must realize that is the Beale story is a work of fiction drawn from a mélange of sources, that makes the ciphers fictional, and therefore, the alluded treasure of gold, silver, and jewels in a treasure vault , fictional.

why?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Thomas Beale who had a duel with Ward's grandfather Risqué did not have a "J" in his name.
He departed Virginia for New Orleans and fought alongside Pascal Buford during the Battle of New Orleans.
He owned the Uptown Plantation and Merchant & Planters Hotel on 10 Canal St and it seems never took an extended leave of New Orleans or returned to Virginia to stay at Buford's Inn.

Well we don't know if he had a "J" in his name or not, we do know his sister did "Jones"

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL... Nah. Mr Jones was from My "neck of the woods"... Page County, Virginia. Thomas JONES Beale...? INTERESTING!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you saying the Hart brothers got it all wrong?

No I am not saying the Hart Brothers got it wrong? The Hart Brothers lived during the time of the Job Print Pamphlet and searched within 12 years of it's publication so I believe they were able to get facts better than we are today over 120 years later.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL... Nah. Mr Jones was from My "neck of the woods"... Page County, Virginia. Thomas JONES Beale...? INTERESTING!
Jones Memorial Library in Lynchburg, Va. is named for George Morgan Jones (1824-1903) of Page County; in the Luray, Va. area. During the CONFEDERATE WAR, he fought as a REBEL Private, under Gen. TT Munford, CSA... of Bedford County, Va. ALL 4 years. Post CW, he became a BUSINESSMAN (Jones, Watts, & Company) with a $$$$$$$$$ Foundation/"Trust"; Prez of National Exchange Bank, with an interest in the Coal Mining Industry. George married Mary Francis WATTS, of Bedford County, Va. and they had several children. George died in 1903, buried in Spring Hill Cemetery... where Gen. Jubal A. Early was. COULD be KGC/OAK "clues" in Spring Hill... haven't looked.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Did CSA Pvt George Morgan Jones know fellow Confederates the Hutters, Ward and Max Guggenheimer?
Like the other George Jones, did he need no rockin chair?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Did CSA Pvt George Morgan Jones know fellow Confederates the Hutters, Ward and Max Guggenheimer?
Like the other George Jones, did he need no rockin chair?
Well, he WAS a WEALTHY Businessman... what do YOU think...?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that CSA Lt Col Vincent A Witcher, besides knowing Rowland D Buford, Clerk of Bedford County, but also knew Jones, Guggenheimer, Ward, and members of the Otey family that served in the Cause.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Another one who doesn't understand what is being posted blames the poster.
Don't blame me for your lack of comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread