Warning to members advertising other Detecting Sites Here

ret-detector

Feb 20, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm too new to MD to cause problems, so I'm not going to ponder the problems with mentioning other sites.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I promise not to send anyone here over there :thumbsup:

im over there and all the other places!!!!! i can only have one wife(i didnt make up the rules), i can have all the detecting forums i want!!!!!!
chuck.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Lost!!!!.......Guess I'll stick with T-Net....................................HH

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Diggin' the new Avatar pic Jeff. I just watched Bowfinger the other night, haden't seen it in YEARS. Also recently watched the Blue Ray version of Little Shop of Horrors, both movies are some of Mr. Martin's finest.
Anyways-I too am like there's other sites? I've been to a few, we all have, but TNet has been the best I've seen so far. Just the range of stuff, and it's all pretty well catagorized.
TNet for life. TNet or die lol.

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worrys here Ladies & Gents....
Im such a techno-computer wizard!...
I thought Spam was sandwich meat..or.. something new to clean your oven!:icon_scratch:hahahahaha!!!
Tnet is a Great site.:thumbsup:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
what are you using to get online.

I am using FireFox on windows Vista Buisness these days & I'm lightening fast

Me to. It's smoking fast. I have lots and lots of RAM if that means anything.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm so techy I found out I don't have Vista, I have windows 7. Oh well, it's still smokin' fast. But I'm also on cable, but not the more expensive higher speed. This one is fast enough for me, I'm not doing anything else anyhow. I came at this computer stuff knowing how to type, does that count for anything?

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff I hope mods are not reading PM!

Its not messages they can see, but linking to other websites in a PM can be seen through links out, in the server side of the website its got a website traffic log, links in, links out.
web servers log everything, treat this place as you would when you go to a persons house as a guest and everyone will be happy.

I operate a washington fishing & hunting website is how i know this.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have repeatedly said we are not reading anyone's mail...

coinmaster

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is crazy. So if people need help with a certain type of detector and your just posting a page on here for people to look at they cant? I been supporting your page on my page. Anyway forget it. I dont see what the issue is with posting other places were people can find help with there issues?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinmaster said:
This is crazy. So if people need help with a certain type of detector and your just posting a page on here for people to look at they cant? I been supporting your page on my page. Anyway forget it. I dont see what the issue is with posting other places were people can find help with there issues?

You can not post links to other treasure web sites, it has been that way for the 7 years I have been here....

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can not post links to other treasure web sites, it has been that way for the 7 years I have been here....
You must mean American treasure web sites, because I have posted links to UK ones before.

SS

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff I feel your pain. I too run and moderate a site unrelated to MD and I too have to deal with other sites envious of our success trying to stir members to the next latest greatest site. And unless the members of this site realize what we battle each and every day they just don't get it. A lot of work, time etc. goes into maintaining and monitoring a site such as this and to have someone come in and just try to steal people just isn't right. Sorta like MD in a cemetery. Just feels creepy... my 2 cents. And on our site we receive a copy of each PM but we don't read them unless something gets reported or we see a mass mailing from the same person. Then all kind of red flags go up.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we Don't get copies of PM's unless they are Reported.

I don't feel someone mentioning another forum in a conversation is particularly a problem either.

Unless it's Preceded or Followed by a suggestion to go there.
which is what this thread was about.
new sites getting their limited member base to Spam other sites for them :tongue3:

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree with you and I do find this place very enjoyable. Thanks! And I see you are from coal country too. Keep up the good work.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a detecting site???? I thought it was a CRH and 2nd Amendment site?

marz

Mar 27, 2013
South Texas
Detector(s) used
WHITES M-6 With eclipse 950 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would you advertise another Detecting Site Here this is the place to be :D

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been to other site ,but this one is THE BEST,hands down,now if I could just become a charter member.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread