WARNING tomorrow in Ohio Is gun Deer Season

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When I lived in Ohio it was shotgun only. Now I hear you can use a rifle if it has a straight cartridge.

So a 30-30 is OK but no .308?

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, a 30/30 doesn't have a straight cartridge. A 44 or 45/70 does, 357 as well.
i was gonna tell ya on the artifact forum but this will do, on the east side of the river from rathmell rd franklin county to weigand rd pickaway 90% of the fields are gone due to gravel pits mainly lakes so far none on west of river 104 however 104 and 762 on the west side of river is all giant warhouses and a ton of housing developments foxfire golf course is all houses now sad...

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i was gonna tell ya on the artifact forum but this will do, on the east side of the river from rathmell rd franklin county to weigand rd pickaway 90% of the fields are gone due to gravel pits mainly lakes so far none on west of river 104 however 104 and 762 on the west side of river is all giant warhouses and a ton of housing developments foxfire golf course is all houses now sad...
Wow, I looked in every field along the river I could get in to. My ex wife lived 4-5 houses south of 316 on 104. I hunted points down there too. A good friend Iived in Commercial Point & kept tabs on what fields were plowed, etc. I guess everything changes. Down here in Florida it's like there is a contest to see how many BS apartments, condos, & warehouses they can build in a year. I am hoping for a crash to slow things down & keep the idiots from moving down here.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 30 30 does not have a straight case. The Ohio law state the case has to be .348 or larger straight case

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I looked in every field along the river I could get in to. My ex wife lived 4-5 houses south of 316 on 104. I hunted points down there too. A good friend Iived in Commercial Point & kept tabs on what fields were plowed, etc. I guess everything changes. Down here in Florida it's like there is a contest to see how many BS apartments, condos, & warehouses they can build in a year. I am hoping for a crash to slow things down & keep the idiots from moving down here.
that area is ok for now on west side of river, however the east side is gone south bloomfield has grown like mad with house apt bldgs same with ashville, even the coal burning power plant off 23 and franklin pickaway line was tore down, down by yellowbud off 104 huge solar farms are taking over farm fields sad, down by chillicothe also thousands of acres gone to solar the world has gone to h ell

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought 35 acres here 45 yrs ago. I was 16 miles from town, now I am 2 miles from town. The deer are so concentrated around my place they are starting to mutate. lot of white deer, and really deformed racks.

Attachments

• odd rack.jpg
    odd rack.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 12

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I lived in Ohio it was shotgun only. Now I hear you can use a rifle if it has a straight cartridge.
Things change I guess. Last deer I shot was in Iowa with a Steven's bolt action loaded with a 12 gauge slug. That was probably in 1973. Shotguns and muzzle loaders were all that was permissible back then. I just looked at Iowas laws today and you can use a center fire straight wall ammo only .357 or larger.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that was quite a number. I like to see hunters do well . Here in Ohio where i live I can not drive almost 3 miles with out seeing a dead one laying along the roads. I like seeing deer but not laying along the roads !1

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We drove from IL to NE GA and back two weeks ago and counted 45 road kills on the whole trip. It’s the rut of course. Most were does with just a few with visible antlers. We didn’t see any bucks with big racks at all. They seem to be smart crossing roads.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last year SC harvested 179,000 total, which was 21,000 less than the year before. With the human population explosion there are hundreds/thousands of acres that can't be hunted. The result is dead deer on city streets.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We drove from IL to NE GA and back two weeks ago and counted 45 road kills on the whole trip. It’s the rut of course. Most were does with just a few with visible antlers. We didn’t see any bucks with big racks at all. They seem to be smart crossing roads.
You very seldom see any big racks for VERY LONG when they are killed they seem to vansioh rather quickly /

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year SC harvested 179,000 total, which was 21,000 less than the year before. With the human population explosion there are hundreds/thousands of acres that can't be hunted. The result is dead deer on city streets.
It is sad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread