What's new

Was disappointed I didnt hit the motherload today.

opacific

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 20, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

I was out by an older tree today and got a solid +88 at 2 inches. I started digging and now I was down 6 inches and still nothing. Another 4 inches and I hit what I thought was pay dirt. the top of a Ball / Mason jar. The jar was broken and there was a 4 inch root on top the another broken lid. After I cleared all the broken glass, my MXT still showed +88 at 0 inches. Dug down another inch and found a complete mason jar on it's side, FULL. My heart was racing, I cut the root away and cleared out enough space to get the jar out intact.

It was completely full of cherries. Why in the hell would someone bury 3 mason jars of cherries? I really thought I hit the jackpot.

Never give up.

Do you know if the cherries could still be good? The liquid in the jar is clear, and appears the lid is still intact too. BTW, the lid is glass surrounded by a copper screw-type metal lid.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

I have dug a ton of the lids, but only a couple intact jars, it does make your heart race. Did you taste the cherries to see if they were still good?...lol
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

What, no pics of the cherries? If you open them up and it was vacuum sealed, they should still be good. :dontknow:
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

Do not eat the cherries man.

Not worth the risk.
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

Eat The Cherries.
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

Drink the cherry juice - might be the best moonshine you've ever had!!!
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

Cherry Picker! :laughing7: jgas
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

eBay!
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

Life is just a buried jar of cherries.
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

Before you eat the cherries, try this simple test.

Suck up some of the juice in a hypodermic needle. Inject it into the skin of your forehead. If you look 10 years younger, do not eat the cherries.

MP
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

Don't be dissappointed, Could have been a land mine, That would have been very dissappointing!

I say eat the cherries! It will probably give you another day off work to metal detect!
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

Taste it, might be Kissing Kate Barlow's "sploosh". It didn't stop Zero and Stanley and later led them to finding the treasure of Camp Green Lake.......
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

All together now..."EAT THE CHERRIES....EAT THE CHERRIES....EAT THE CHERRIES"....!!! Ha.... :headbang:

TiredIron
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

That's still a nice find. I'm like you though... Why did they bury them in the first place?

DANGLANGLEY
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

If the liquid is clear sombody may haveput cherries in Everclear
or moonshine. They really get better that way. Jimbob
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

wow! you found red gold.

interesting. strange but interesting. :icon_scratch:

apparently people were really into burying things--lots of things.

LD
 
Re: Was disappointed I didn't hit the motherload today.

I wasn't disappointed when I lost my cherries........but my Mom sure was ::) Did I say that? NO I DIDN"T :tongue3:

Better luck next time!

HH,
Moon
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom