What's new

Washington Beach Mining

Oldrustystuff

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2018
Messages
28
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
Home made sluice running a 10" Dream Mat, Gold Cube, Blue Bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So ill be heading out to cape disappointment for the first time to do some beach mining. I think I have everything I need to have fun couple of days. I plan on just bringing the cons home to run them in my blue bowl.

If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.

This is what I'm taking with me.

 
Run it slow, and expect losses in the tailings. That's just the nature of running pure heavy black beach sand. The vortex mat does an extremely good job of holding onto the fine stuff as long as there's open spaces on the mat for it to get into.
I found the hose supplied with my cube was inconveniently short, you can go to Ilwaco and get more at Englund marine at the port docks.

Here's a video I shot a few years ago. I go to the North side of North head because I can drive to where I want to be and use water from one of the creeks for the pump. If you have a pickup truck you can put a load on a tarp in the bed. Watch the tides and try to only be on either beach during the last 2-3 hours of out going through the 1st 2-3 hrs of incoming.
 
Thanks for the advice!
 
You might post your questions on the main gold forum to get more info. Several people there go to Cape D for gold.
Good luck
Mike

Gold Prospecting Forum
 
My last trip to the Cape.


received_10212149952887511.webp
 
AimsmMissSm, I think I recognize that setup:). Headed out to the cape, weather pending, April 22-24. You got any trips planned?
 
Sounds great. And I love to bake:).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom