What's new

Washington piece

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2010
Messages
6,591
Reaction score
7,387
Golden Thread
1
Location
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Washington facing the opp.of a quarter no date the front.
The back three letters intwined C and S and maybe J.
Found at old Frost Farm in Watkins Glen NY
 

Attachments

  • Picture 31.webp
    Picture 31.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 264
  • Picture 30.webp
    Picture 30.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 254
  • Picture 32.webp
    Picture 32.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Picture 31.webp
    Picture 31.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Picture 30.webp
    Picture 30.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 255
  • Picture 33.webp
    Picture 33.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 255
  • Picture 32.webp
    Picture 32.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 254
The site in this link is a great resource for researching tokens.
http://tokencatalog.com/index.php

You can search by State or All US.

I have had a look for your token there - but without success, so far.

The site did throw up a clue on possible age of your token with the following info;
In 1908 many merchants issued tokens with George Washington on them to commemorate the first President's 200th birthday.
I think that fits with the style of the initials too.

Also, I think the letter is I as opposed to J.

I wonder if it is a token for a Society or Club rather than a merchant :icon_scratch:

Mike
 
Upvote 0
The entwined monogram looks very familiar, however can't seem to locate it in searches :icon_scratch:

I agree that it's likely a store card token. You can see the '&' and the 'o' in the 'C'. SI & Co or IS & Co :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
The entwined monogram looks very familiar, however can't seem to locate it in searches :icon_scratch:

I agree that it's likely a store card token. You can see the '&' and the 'o' in the 'C'. SI & Co or IS & Co :dontknow:
hi Ironspike
Yes there is an & and an o thanks i realy never saw that till today thanks for the help guys.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom