What's new

wat do ya pay for health insurance

aa battery

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
10,646
Reaction score
3,258
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warden and and i is $600 per month :-[
 
dats toro caca >:(
 
:o That's 85.00 more than Our monthly rent!!!! Some one is getting ________ Fill In your own Blank!!!! Chug
 
Yipes & Ouch....Ours here is free..

We are just fortunate where we live as every one has the same rights to basic health benefits.
 
Chug and Red said:
:o That's 85.00 more than Our monthly rent!!!! Some one is getting ________ Fill In your own Blank!!!! Chug
ya know da blank but hey wat can i do?
 
Cariboo5 said:
Yipes & Ouch....Ours here is free..

We are just fortunate where we live as every one has the same rights to basic health benefits.
its cause of greed cause of our pres.... >:(
 
Sheeesh, that's NUTHIN !

Wifey & I signed up for a decent plan with BC/BS (something like 2000 max out-of-pocket between us) in '05. Was paying like $400 / mo. She fell in '06 and did some major damage - total bill was six figures. After that, our rates went up 21% PER YEAR like clockwork ! Was just under $1,000 / mo. when she gave in and accepted that she wasn't going to get better and went on disability. They quoted me alone at a little over $500 / mo. so I dropped 'em. Now, if I get really sick, I'll just tough it out till it kills me.

Diggem'
 
Diggemall said:
Sheeesh, that's NUTHIN !

Wifey & I signed up for a decent plan with BC/BS (something like 2000 max out-of-pocket between us) in '05. Was paying like $400 / mo. She fell in '06 and did some major damage - total bill was six figures. After that, our rates went up 21% PER YEAR like clockwork ! Was just under $1,000 / mo. when she gave in and accepted that she wasn't going to get better and went on disability. They quoted me alone at a little over $500 / mo. so I dropped 'em. Now, if I get really sick, I'll just tough it out till it kills me.

Diggem'
i just passed out :o
 
Yeah, the joys of being self-employed. (Insurance group size: 1 or 2)
We have had quite a few small business owners in our area complaining about their rates increasing by (surprise !) the same 21% / year for the past several years.

It's a racket, and one that most SBO's can't afford - and people who get subsidized insurance through their employers wonder where OBlama gets support for Universal coverage.......... :-\

Diggem'
 
Here in good old oz everyone pays a levy of 1.5% of their taxable income, if you earn under $18,839.00 per year you don't pay anything at all. As an Australian citizen i can be admitted to any public hospital by my doctor and receive world class treatment without the worry of a bill at the end of my stay.

Or i can choose to be admitted to a private hospital, receive exactly the same treatment and care, and receive a massive bill at the end of my stay which, if i have chosen to take out private health insurance, will be covered. (Pure snob value)

I had my daughter in our local public hospital, didn't cost a cent, even though it ended in an emergency cesarean. Got to stay in for a whole week and had a room to myself.

My daughter had a burst appendix and ended up with gangrene due to her appendix being located behind her bowel which made diagnosis difficult for our private doctor. Had a stay of six days in our local public hospital and we walked out at the end of it without it costing a cent.

I spent the day in our public hospital when it was thought I'd had a heart attack. After eight hours and having had every possible test thrown at me i was released with a clean bill of health and no bill to pay, ever.

Could write a list much longer than this but all i want to say is that our medicare system came into being here in Australia about thirty years ago and even though its not perfect no one goes bankrupt or looses their home due to not being able to pay their medical bills. Wouldn't swap it for anything else.

Rubytuesday
 
we just hadre-enrollment with new plan at hubbys work.

we pay $82 per week (family of 3) for very good insurance
and company pays $203 per week.

so it is $328 per month for us and company gets nailed $812 per month.

then we get dimed to death on Life, Supplife, Deplife, dental, vision, AD&D, etc to the tune of about $40 per month.

I am happy with it all.
 
I pay way too much at work for myself. About 300 a month. They gave us a break at last sign up and lowered Big Deductible.....BUT I just
found out that drug prices tripled! and they added a 100.00 deductible on top of other.
 
rubytuesday said:
Here in good old oz everyone pays a levy of 1.5% of their taxable income, if you earn under $18,839.00 per year you don't pay anything at all. As an Australian citizen i can be admitted to any public hospital by my doctor and receive world class treatment without the worry of a bill at the end of my stay.

Or i can choose to be admitted to a private hospital, receive exactly the same treatment and care, and receive a massive bill at the end of my stay which, if i have chosen to take out private health insurance, will be covered. (Pure snob value)

I had my daughter in our local public hospital, didn't cost a cent, even though it ended in an emergency cesarean. Got to stay in for a whole week and had a room to myself.

My daughter had a burst appendix and ended up with gangrene due to her appendix being located behind her bowel which made diagnosis difficult for our private doctor. Had a stay of six days in our local public hospital and we walked out at the end of it without it costing a cent.

I spent the day in our public hospital when it was thought I'd had a heart attack. After eight hours and having had every possible test thrown at me i was released with a clean bill of health and no bill to pay, ever.

Could write a list much longer than this but all i want to say is that our medicare system came into being here in Australia about thirty years ago and even though its not perfect no one goes bankrupt or looses their home due to not being able to pay their medical bills. Wouldn't swap it for anything else.

Rubytuesday

Sounds like socialism, and we Americans don't want any of it! I'd just as soon pay $7000 a year until I get dropped for a claim and then go bankrupt on the next one. In the meantime, I really like paying for uninsured people to go to the ER at rates many times what they ought to be.
 
rubytuesday said:
Here in good old oz everyone pays a levy of 1.5% of their taxable income, if you earn under $18,839.00 per year you don't pay anything at all. As an Australian citizen i can be admitted to any public hospital by my doctor and receive world class treatment without the worry of a bill at the end of my stay.

Or i can choose to be admitted to a private hospital, receive exactly the same treatment and care, and receive a massive bill at the end of my stay which, if i have chosen to take out private health insurance, will be covered. (Pure snob value)

I had my daughter in our local public hospital, didn't cost a cent, even though it ended in an emergency cesarean. Got to stay in for a whole week and had a room to myself.

My daughter had a burst appendix and ended up with gangrene due to her appendix being located behind her bowel which made diagnosis difficult for our private doctor. Had a stay of six days in our local public hospital and we walked out at the end of it without it costing a cent.

I spent the day in our public hospital when it was thought I'd had a heart attack. After eight hours and having had every possible test thrown at me i was released with a clean bill of health and no bill to pay, ever.

Could write a list much longer than this but all i want to say is that our medicare system came into being here in Australia about thirty years ago and even though its not perfect no one goes bankrupt or looses their home due to not being able to pay their medical bills. Wouldn't swap it for anything else.

Rubytuesday
wow thats some medical care
 
FarmerChick said:
we just hadre-enrollment with new plan at hubbys work.

we pay $82 per week (family of 3) for very good insurance
and company pays $203 per week.

so it is $328 per month for us and company gets nailed $812 per month.

then we get dimed to death on Life, Supplife, Deplife, dental, vision, AD&D, etc to the tune of about $40 per month.

I am happy with it all.
sounds good :thumbsup:
 
goverton said:
I pay way too much at work for myself. About 300 a month. They gave us a break at last sign up and lowered Big Deductible.....BUT I just
found out that drug prices tripled! and they added a 100.00 deductible on top of other.
not good
 
Bum Luck said:
rubytuesday said:
Here in good old oz everyone pays a levy of 1.5% of their taxable income, if you earn under $18,839.00 per year you don't pay anything at all. As an Australian citizen i can be admitted to any public hospital by my doctor and receive world class treatment without the worry of a bill at the end of my stay.

Or i can choose to be admitted to a private hospital, receive exactly the same treatment and care, and receive a massive bill at the end of my stay which, if i have chosen to take out private health insurance, will be covered. (Pure snob value)

I had my daughter in our local public hospital, didn't cost a cent, even though it ended in an emergency cesarean. Got to stay in for a whole week and had a room to myself.

My daughter had a burst appendix and ended up with gangrene due to her appendix being located behind her bowel which made diagnosis difficult for our private doctor. Had a stay of six days in our local public hospital and we walked out at the end of it without it costing a cent.

I spent the day in our public hospital when it was thought I'd had a heart attack. After eight hours and having had every possible test thrown at me i was released with a clean bill of health and no bill to pay, ever.

Could write a list much longer than this but all i want to say is that our medicare system came into being here in Australia about thirty years ago and even though its not perfect no one goes bankrupt or looses their home due to not being able to pay their medical bills. Wouldn't swap it for anything else.

Rubytuesday

Sounds like socialism, and we Americans don't want any of it! I'd just as soon pay $7000 a year until I get dropped for a claim and then go bankrupt on the next one. In the meantime, I really like paying for uninsured people to go to the ER at rates many times what they ought to be.
:o
 
See, the thing with employer - provided insurance, is that the employee never really relates to the true cost of the insurance. Insurance companies rely on this disconnect. The last employer I worked for got smart - they increased all of their employees wages by the amount that they (the employer) were contributing towards the employees insurance. Then, they deducted the FULL premium from our paychecks. From that day forward, everybody KNEW what the cost of their health insurance was. And you FELT the changes when your salary went up 2-3% and your insurance premiums went up 10%.

If more employers would do this, it wouldn't take long for LOADS of people to do the math and realize it's only a matter of time before we're all working for health care. (Plot two curves - one representing your income and rising at whatever your annual average increase is, and the other, representing Health Insurance costs, rising at 10% or more - no matter what numbers you start with, insurance will exceed income at some point)

Diggem'
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom