What's new

wat do ya pay for health insurance

that is so true NatureGirl
stress levels in hard times is bad enough, to throw this gosh-awful medical problem that so many US citizens face daily is rough. While we can't forget, so many in the world have very little access or none to any medical care.

you truly would think by now we could put some humanitarian into this world and really have access to affordable and free health care to a level where it would work! really work!

I don't know...just so insane in general.
 
nobama care increases are about to kick in..............

that alone is a big increase in taxes. be cheaper to move to europe, and wait in lines for healthcare, I guess! we will sure do that. I use VA, and still have to pay. I get a sample of nobama care every time


I am switching to medicare next year!
 
"Healthcare shouldn't be restricted to only those who can afford to pay for it." Our own humanitarian stance requires that a convicted felon has better access to healthcare then the average working man. This same humanitarian stance sees this country spending unknown millions each year while playing the role of humanitarian advocate in other countries. Yet, we refuse to fix our own healthcare system at home so these same principles and needs can be applied to every US citizen. Go figure? :dontknow:
 
if you have a fix that doesnt include the guvment, do it!

they cant make anything work, and I sure dont want a bureaucrat deciding what I need!!!!!!!!!!!
 
We pay too much I agree, but I wouldn't have been able to pay the $90,000.00 to get my knees replaced, & I wouldn't be walking. I feel lucky we actually had insurance. I waited over 10 very painful yrs til we could afford insurance before I could go to a doc for it.
not sure there is a reasonable solution to this debacle.
 
olroy70 said:
if you have a fix that doesnt include the guvment, do it!

they cant make anything work, and I sure dont want a bureaucrat deciding what I need!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife has been on Medicare / Medicaid for going on two years - so far, basically flawless, and much better coverage & treatment than she had under BC/BS. The VA system works pretty well for most of the folks that use it as well (although it has had its share of troubles along the way). We're going to wind up with some form of National health care sooner or later - there's no way around it - health care is eating too much of our GDP. It's just a shame our elected representatives can't put aside their differences and enlist the aid of some genuinely smart people that can put together a good workable solution without it becoming another danged overly politicized football like every other thing the morons touch.

Diggem'
 
I used to have 0 deductible,my company picked up the slack....now with Obammas new Bill and descrimination laws my deductible is $7000 and after that they (insur)pay 80% THATS BS!!!
 
mamabear said:
We pay too much I agree, but I wouldn't have been able to pay the $90,000.00 to get my knees replaced, & I wouldn't be walking. I feel lucky we actually had insurance. I waited over 10 very painful yrs til we could afford insurance before I could go to a doc for it.
not sure there is a reasonable solution to this debacle.
sweatheart i understand cuz wen ya need it ya need it :-*
 
I am in a bad way with insurance (meaning nada). Thanks for the info everyone. We're being fleeced alright, but some of it is attributable to our litigious, sue-happy, society (the rest to greed). The insurance companies are getting premiums from us and the doctors.
 
olroy70 said:
if you have a fix that doesnt include the guvment, do it!

they cant make anything work, and I sure dont want a bureaucrat deciding what I need!!!!!!!!!!!
Coming VERY soon to a city near you.
 
Interesting topic and I enjoyed all the comments....long read. :icon_thumright:

I pay 37.50 a week for health insurance with a $1000.00 deductable. Copays of $15, 20 and 25 on things like scripts, specialists, etc. I'm single and employed and have no choice where I work at to turn down the insurance, it's mandatory for employment there.

I'm not making a fortune by any means and that $150.00 a month takes a bite.

Between state, federal and local taxes, insurance, medicare, unemp.ins.,ssi...That's a pretty high percentage of my pay saying bye-bye. Then add on all the utility taxes, sales taxes, occupation privledge tax, fuel tax...bla,bla,bla.... And then if I want to go to college...HAH!

I agree that everyone should have health care. I'd be content for them to just tax my pay and eliminate my worry about copays, deductables, etc. Then maybe if the government had to pay the bill they might become a tad more responsible when it comes to the out of control cost by the health care industry.

Al
 
deepskyal said:
Interesting topic and I enjoyed all the comments....long read. :icon_thumright:

I pay 37.50 a week for health insurance with a $1000.00 deductable. Copays of $15, 20 and 25 on things like scripts, specialists, etc. I'm single and employed and have no choice where I work at to turn down the insurance, it's mandatory for employment there.

I'm not making a fortune by any means and that $150.00 a month takes a bite.

Between state, federal and local taxes, insurance, medicare, unemp.ins.,ssi...That's a pretty high percentage of my pay saying bye-bye. Then add on all the utility taxes, sales taxes, occupation privledge tax, fuel tax...bla,bla,bla.... And then if I want to go to college...HAH!

I agree that everyone should have health care. I'd be content for them to just tax my pay and eliminate my worry about copays, deductables, etc. Then maybe if the government had to pay the bill they might become a tad more responsible when it comes to the out of control cost by the health care industry.

Al

The guvment has NO money expect what it takes from US!
 
One of the biggest problems we have, here in the states, is that we allow too many hands to be in too many pockets. What I am referring to is the politicians, the lobbyists, and the corporations (in this case, the insurance industry). Because of this, the ONLY way politicians will enact laws & regulations that benefit the PEOPLE is if a) it also benefits them financially in some way, or b) at the very least, it doesn't adversely affect them financially. As long as politicians are allowed to own stock in companies that their legislation is supposed to regulate and as long as they are allowed to receive campaign contributions from these same companies, we will continue to muddle along doing everything "half-fast", and in the most obfuscated incompetent manner possible.

Someone mentioned our "sue-happy" ways as being a part of the cost problem - and it is; multiple studies have shown that lawsuits & liability insurance add approximately 3% to the cost of our health care system. Certainly not the biggest slice of the pie by any means.

Private "health insurers" tack between 25 & 30% on to the cost of the services they administer.
By contrast, the VA runs at about a 15% administrative cost, and Medicare / Medicaid runs down around 3%, so the notion that "the govt can't run anything" really doesn't hold water.

As for the quality of care provided by the existing "socialist" govt run health care systems, here's just one interesting take on it: http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2005/0501.longman.html

The bottom line is that, if you could keep the political BS out of it, it really would not be that difficult to implement a national health care system that would blow the socks off anything the rest of the world is doing, and do it at a cost that is far lower than what we are spending now.

Diggem'
 
Diggemall, you have made a lot of really good points in this discussion, and I appreciate the whole civil tone by everyone.....that's what it's gonna take to get everything back on some kind of track that makes sense! :icon_thumleft:
 
naturegirl said:
Diggemall, you have made a lot of really good points in this discussion, and I appreciate the whole civil tone by everyone.....that's what it's gonna take to get everything back on some kind of track that makes sense! :icon_thumleft:

You're 1/2 right there NG. The first thing that will HAVE to take place is either some form of reform that breaks the financial ties between corporate interests & our National politics OR people's insistence that the politicians that we elect make an unbreakable promise NOT to allow themselves to be influenced in any way by the monies from Wall Street or other financial interests. ONLY then will we have decisions made in Washington that are made based purely on logic and merit and what is good for America and its hard-working people.

The people NEED to educate themselves on what is REAL. (Not just what talking heads like Beck & Limburger tell them is real) And the people need to get INFLAMED enough to take action. To take the time to actually write to their representatives and voice their grievances - not just grumble amongst themselves. I believe that this is what the OWS movement is after, and I hope that they can find a way to present their positions to the rest of the "99%" so that they too understand the reality of what is wrong with America today.

Here's another interesting bit that oughta light a fire in your belly: http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_n...ells-out-plan-to-undermine-occupy-wall-street

I'd better quit now, or someone will move this to the Politics Forum ;D

Diggem'
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom