What's new

Water detector?

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
1,039
Reaction score
947
Golden Thread
0
While sitting here enjoying the snow and cold, I was thinking of things to sell this winter so I can buy a new detector to use in water.

Would like to get some input on what to look for. AND , a not too complicate detector to use. LOL

Thanks for your info.
 
I am happy with my AT gold bought it on ebay used once for $493 shipping included.
 
You didn't say if you were going to hunt freshwater or Salt. For freshwater you can use any detector that is waterproof. Salt water requires mostly a muliti freq. detector or a pulse unit due to the salt concentrations being variable and the amount of black sand. For freshwater and dry sand saltwater beaches, the Tesoro Tiger Shark or Fisher 1280 work very well and wont break the bank. Tesoro has a life time warranty. The 1280 is simple to operate and built like a tank. You might find both used at a good price.
 
Thanks sandman. I see your in Michigan also. Living in Michigan I don't even realize that salt water exists,LOL

Freshwater detector is what I am looking for.
 
Love my Fisher CZ-20 and 21. Way more waterproof than the AT
 
I've had good success with my Beach Hunter 300. I hit the lakes and streams in the warm weather. Will it ever get warm? and melt this stupid snow and ice?:tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom