Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the water kit but really don't like the holder for the control unit. I found this Watertight holder at Walmart in the Sporting Goods section next to the pool inflatables for $6. Has worked great.
IMG_20150617_191525268.jpg

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you like the deus in water as I've gotten mixed revues .decided it might be best to save up for a water detector but the good ones seem costly.

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you like the deus in water as I've gotten mixed revues .decided it might be best to save up for a water detector but the good ones seem costly.
Joe I've used about every major brand of detector over the years except Mine lab detecting everything from CW parks beaches old swimming holes and I will tell you I Love the Deus and it does a lot of things but it is Not a machine you want if you primary hunt water. I have found a bunch of goodies in the water but I worry about my control unit the most. The add on water kit is an Absolute JOKE. I can't believe that for the price of the machine they could only come up with junk that might be worth $5 and sells for $65. And you're supposed to put your faith In it not to let your Very Expensive control unit get wet. If I were you and hunted water I'd look at other machines. But for an Excellent land detector I'd buy the Deus

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a deus and love it what water machine would you suggest for fresh water use .i wasn't very clear but you did answer my question I didn't really trust my precious deus to be safe .id like to spend around 500$ on a water detector

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe I'd probably get At pro if I was hunting fresh water. Saltwater I don't have a clue.

Last edited:

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kinda thought that to then I'd have a good spare land machine also my wife occasionally goes with me and only has a BH tracker 4

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah exactly what I'm planning to do also. I have the WS5 headphones for my Deus and they don't like heavy sweat and I'm sure water would be a killer too. Years ago I did a lot of water hunting with a Fisher I think 1280x(?) and would detect as deep as I could on my tiptoes and found tons. I loved a sealed machine and waterproof headphones. But I don't want to Kill my Deus in the water that's deeper than waist deep.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Joe I'd probably get At pro if I was hunting fresh water. Saltwater I don't have a clue.

I love my Tiger Shark way better in the water than the ATP. Very rugged - good to 200'. Works fabulous. No extra crap to buy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread