What's new

We cut some gold ore into Cabochons. Came out nice!

CGC Miner

Full Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
195
Reaction score
348
Golden Thread
0
Location
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I collected some ore from deep down in a mine last fall.
This stuff was quartz rich and stable which made it suitable for cabbing.
Something to think about for highgrade specimens. Makes some nice jewelry.



 
To remove the stone from the dop stick pop it in the freezer for an hour then gently tap the stone on a table. The stone will pop off clean and I won't have to cringe when you take a torch to your dop. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans
 
Very good video!! I sold my cabbing equipment and supplies about 8 years ago and NOW I wish I hadn't !:BangHead: I gave them a good deal ! Everyone was happy !
 
Cool video and beautiful end product,thanks for posting :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom