What's new

We have some great members!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
8,838
Reaction score
9,870
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wayne County, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi folks. I just wanted to say what most of you already knew....we have some incredibly generous and helpful members here. I had read a post and watched the accompanying video by Old Stonewall concerning some relic cleaning he was doing on a couple axe heads. In the video, I noticed an interesting book on his bench and made a reference to it in my reply to the thread. Lo and Behold! What do you think appeared in my mailbox ( along with a couple other nice copies of reading material )? All because of a very helpful and good guy named ModernMiner.
I have to tell you, if you can get your hands on a copy of this book, please do yourself a favor and get it. It has an incredible amount of info on old American hand tools.
Thank you Doug.....I owe you big time!

ma7yva7y.jpg

huzujydu.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice it's great to have good friends, and great strangers are better. Still gods love in the world :)
Great story your an observant fellow also.
 
Wow!! I have that very Book! That is very cool of Doug!
 
I totally agree with Mr. Olddude... we do have some great members here. I met my new buddy Frank (Huntsmen53) here on T-net. He's made 2 trips to my home from East TN. and I've made one to his area. We've explored a cave, MD'd and did some gold panning also. We've swapped stories, ate good and laughed our asses off together. Hope I can make some more friends just like Frank.
 
Yep, does the ole heart good to see we are blessed with some great people here on Tnet. :laughing7:
 
at the heart of it...we are kindred spirits.Who amoung us has not tried to mentor another into treasure hunting only to be reminded that we are cut from a differant cloth.I blame not the closed hearted.They simply were not born with that certain something that we were.WE BELIEVE WE CAN.And as such we are also doomed.
Doomed to having something we are passionate about to look forward to.Doomed to actually find stuff we really dig...furthering our dilema.
Doomed to spending time outdoors with a lightness in our heart...willing to conqueor a nasty root to claim our zinc penny.....which turned out to be a dainty 925 girley ring.
Doomed to let the grass grow another week cause we saw a very cool spot we are sure no one else thought about.

I am both doomed and blessed.I wouldnt hope upon my worst enemy the inability to be as doomed as I.

What say you gang.?
 
You deserve it OD. Anyone that can put up with my Quindy and Dman jokes deserves that book and more. :laughing7:
I'm glad you liked the material. Thanks so much for the post.:thumbsup:
-DUG-
 
at the heart of it...we are kindred spirits.Who amoung us has not tried to mentor another into treasure hunting only to be reminded that we are cut from a differant cloth.I blame not the closed hearted.They simply were not born with that certain something that we were.WE BELIEVE WE CAN.And as such we are also doomed.
Doomed to having something we are passionate about to look forward to.Doomed to actually find stuff we really dig...furthering our dilema.
Doomed to spending time outdoors with a lightness in our heart...willing to conqueor a nasty root to claim our zinc penny.....which turned out to be a dainty 925 girley ring.
Doomed to let the grass grow another week cause we saw a very cool spot we are sure no one else thought about.

I am both doomed and blessed.I wouldnt hope upon my worst enemy the inability to be as doomed as I.

What say you gang.?

Well said... I too am doomed... and wouldn't change a thing.
 
The kinship I have found here on Tnet is one of the best treasures I have found in this hobby.
 
This is a closeness and "family" that is beyond what is in the world. It is the strange "MD'ing " tie that binds!
If I can help any one of you I would! Because you understand me! One in the same!
This is what is missing in the world, what we have.
There are some very smart, talented, and generous people on here! Kudos! Mods also! I would not want to rule this roost!

Bigfoot1-I'm all in!!!!
 
Last edited:
The late Eric Sloane is an American treasure in himself, and his thirty-some books are worth seeking out; many are available through Amazon. Reverence For Wood remains a favorite, exploring the significance of wood in our nation's history and its properties. Read it and you may never look at the simplest piece of wood or tree in the same way again.
 
Yes we have some great people here. I have meet a older gentlemen and he lives over 220 miles from me. I have been to his home and spent the week end with him detecting. He has been to my home and spent plenty of nights here and we detect every day that we can get out.
I also meet someone else on here and he lives in FL and when we took a vacation he invite me and my family down to his home and put us up for the night. We detected the beach and he took us and show us the sites.
So yes plenty if great people here. Plus I also have invite people to come and stay with me if they would like to hunt a couple of days in my area instead of a few hours.......Matt
 
at the heart of it...we are kindred spirits.Who amoung us has not tried to mentor another into treasure hunting only to be reminded that we are cut from a differant cloth.I blame not the closed hearted.They simply were not born with that certain something that we were.WE BELIEVE WE CAN.And as such we are also doomed.
Doomed to having something we are passionate about to look forward to.Doomed to actually find stuff we really dig...furthering our dilema.
Doomed to spending time outdoors with a lightness in our heart...willing to conqueor a nasty root to claim our zinc penny.....which turned out to be a dainty 925 girley ring.
Doomed to let the grass grow another week cause we saw a very cool spot we are sure no one else thought about.

I am both doomed and blessed.I wouldnt hope upon my worst enemy the inability to be as doomed as I.

What say you gang.?

The real problem is that most have forgotten that we are actually distant cousins! Many, many times when I ask someone that has a family name within my' ancestory and they favor a family member now or from old, most often they will say no. Sometimes I get a very adamant no to which I respond with the following: Well, you are wrong as no matter what our color, race or country (where we were born), we all decended from Noah and before that Adam & Eve. Therefore, if there is a race of people upon this Earth called Sh*t then we all are a kin to Sh*t!


Frank
 
Some of us are closer kin than others, Frank!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom