What's new

Week Three: three weeks of CRH

obsessedwithsilver

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
547
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Was hopeful this week as my business activities were taking me to a few other cities. Managed to get a few silver halves on Monday and Tuesday.

On Wednesday I was able to hit banks I'd never been to. At one bank as the teller was handing out 19 rolls to me when she stopped and whispered something into a coworker's ear. She had read "68-69 keep" on the side of one of the rolls. Well I wasn't about to get cheated like I had been two weeks prior (four Peace dollars) and I told her that I knew very well what those words meant. She just mumbled "oh well" and completed the transaction. That lot actually contained two dream rolls of 40% halves. I also scored a near dream roll (14 40's) and several more 40's at another bank as well.

On Thursday I managed to buy over 50 rolls in a new area in less that a half hour. However, nearly all were skunks. I managed a few 40's, an Abe Lincoln token and a cool Australian half dollar (.811 silver).

Friday proved to be the best day of the week. The first shotgun wrapped dime roll I opened contained two Rosies. I bought 42 hand rolls of halves of which four were dream rolls of 40's. I also scored two proof Ikes, a really sweet 1968 proof (40%), 1977 clad proof, 1971 Peso, a few NIFC halves, several pre-1960 nickels, 1944 Mercury, 1942s war nickel and a few foreign dimes. Later that day I hit another bank and two out of the five rolls I bought were dream rolls of 40's (most were BU).

Overall, this was probably the second best week at CRH I have ever had. (see pic below)

OWS
 

Attachments

  • week3.webp
    week3.webp
    28 KB · Views: 363
Upvote 0
Wow you must live in an untouched area. Gobble up all the silver you can.


Golden Silver
 
I actually live in a very large metropolitan area. I hit every bank I can. On a typical day I will try to hit between ten and twenty banks. I have developed sort of a route so that I can hit different suburbs of the city I live near each week. I have found many, many marked rolls so I know I am not the only CRH out there. I will say that the early bird gets the worm and I will occasionally hit a bank that has had halves for a very long time but this is rare. I have been counting on volume to keep my numbers up.

As for the dimes, I search about 1k a week in hand rolls and have gotten very lucky on the dimes four times. Those four scores account for about 80% of the silver dimes I have gotten.

I only have 8 Bens and 1 Walking Liberty. I guess you have to search boxes to get stuff like that.

OWS
 
Not necessarily. I have gotten solid rolls of bens and walkers on road trips.

Golden Silver
 
Let me tell you, I think I will pass out if I ever get a solid roll of Walkers or Bens.

OWS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom