What's new

Weekend finds

arrow86

Silver Member
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
3,377
Reaction score
4,083
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weekend Finds 6/10

Went out yesterday and sifted a bit on shoreline I hunt. I prob could have filled a coffee can with all flakes and cores that were worked some really pretty materials too. This first one I'm not really sure what to make of it I would say it was definitely larger and broke than reworked to this but all the edges look finished I don't see any clear breaks on it
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228446.358619.webpfrom that view it looks good but check out other side
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228478.139345.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228509.876774.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228522.026124.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228531.543739.webp
Also found this nice tip breaks looks fresh I'll keep an eye out for rest
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228597.466623.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228607.419902.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228616.035020.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228629.286935.webp
Found this one when I was nearly done not the most beautiful point but it has that nice solid feel to it like it would never break
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228689.990871.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228699.820165.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228708.830474.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228719.312301.webp
These next pics are from today out back of my house at low tide I have found a few nice ones out there but they are far between. Was in about 16" of brackish water when I found it I thought it was dark brown or black but after cleaning in the river it's Quartz
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228864.758954.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228875.756152.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228884.890012.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497228895.712440.webp that's after scrubbing pretty good not getting much cleaner any tips for removing river stain / algae ?
Also found this near the point I'm on the fence about it has right shape and faint pecking but hard to tell due to all the patina and stain let me know what you think
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497229051.033552.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497229063.230380.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497229076.115581.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497229094.254411.webp prob just end up in the rock garden .... Thanks for looking
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow Arrow you are killing it out there !
 
Wow Arrow you are killing it out there !

Thank you , I am trying to get in as much as I can the algae behind the house is really bad this year you can barely see any rocks and my other good spot the beach is all but taken over by sea grass and debri.
 
Looking Good!!! keep finding and posting.
 
Awesome finds. Those cleaned up nice!
 
Awesome finds. Those cleaned up nice!

Thanks I went back out today at my lunch break to the spot I sifted for 3 hours .... In the 3 hours of sifting I found one whole point I checked today where I exposed fresh sand and found 4 nice ones laying within inches of each other ... Unreal I will post pics soon
 
I would say That's a pretty good sign your in the right spot haha!! Nice work with the recovery, you might just be scratching the surface and will find a buttload more. Good luck!!
 
Meant to write Boatload lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom