Carolina Tom
Gold Member
Loco Digger came down to Charlotte for the weekend. It was very hot and dry, but we made the best of it.
On Saturday we had a TNet members hunt. I secured us a couple of spots to hunt in a janky little hicktown up the road. I have seen prettier faces on iodine bottles, but here they are: KurtStuben, P@tch, Bladerunner2019, Loco Digger, Smittyman and Super Shaun. The finds were a bit sparce, but I believe that everyone had a good time.
On Sunday, Loco and I slipped out for a tour of the town, we hit several local spots, once again, the finds were slim, but the camaraderie was exceptional!
I was able to locate the following over the weekend:
1928 Buffalo
1896 IHC
Fake Cameo
Model A valve stem nut
3 Wheaties
Piece of a pocketknife
Loco Digger is a scholar and a gentleman, as are most TNetters that I have met. If he shows up in your town, take him for a hunt!
Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!
On Saturday we had a TNet members hunt. I secured us a couple of spots to hunt in a janky little hicktown up the road. I have seen prettier faces on iodine bottles, but here they are: KurtStuben, P@tch, Bladerunner2019, Loco Digger, Smittyman and Super Shaun. The finds were a bit sparce, but I believe that everyone had a good time.
On Sunday, Loco and I slipped out for a tour of the town, we hit several local spots, once again, the finds were slim, but the camaraderie was exceptional!
I was able to locate the following over the weekend:
1928 Buffalo
1896 IHC
Fake Cameo
Model A valve stem nut
3 Wheaties
Piece of a pocketknife
Loco Digger is a scholar and a gentleman, as are most TNetters that I have met. If he shows up in your town, take him for a hunt!
Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!
Attachments
Last edited:
Upvote
66

The accommodations at the Carolina Tom Hilton were beyond reproach.
I had a killer time hunting with you and the rest of the crew. Heck your such a pro you had the opportunity to nap and then dig an indian on Sunday. Hopefully I can get to my digs and post later this week. Us old timers sure hung tough, I think the youngest of us had a hard time keeping up. Memories are great treasure and I left Charlotte with a chest full.
If you ever want to come to the midwest or as we like to say "the North Coast", just give me about 30 days notice so I can secure some great permissions before you arrive. I have 2 spare rooms, you can book one anytime, and that goes for the rest of the Tnetters that I swung the coil with in the past. My Casa is Your Casa.







